Qualcomm heeft een nieuwe betaversie op zijn e-mailprogramma Eudora uitgebracht. De bèta heeft versienummer 18.104.22.168 meegekregen en heeft vele veranderingen ondergaan, waaronder verbeterde SSL-comptabiliteit, betere IMAP-functionaliteit en de toevoeging van Emoticons en ScamWatch. Eudora is op drie manieren te gebruiken. Ten eerste kan er gratis met beperkt mogelijkheden worden gewerkt. Dan is er de mogelijkheid om nog steeds voor niets, maar met meer functionaliteit aan de gang. In dat geval worden er wel advertenties afgebeeld. Tenslotte kan men voor $50 het volledige potentioneel gebruiken en dat ook nog zonder reclame. Hieronder staan alle veranderingen ten opzichte van versie 6.1.2:
- ScamWatch - Eudora now warns with a tooltip warning when the pointer is moved over a suspicious link and warns with a dialog when a suspicious link is clicked.
- Emoticons - Eudora now supports sending and receiving mail with emoticons.
- Eudora now uses OpenSSL instead of Certicom's SSL Plus library for SSL negotiations.
- When a server's SSL certificate is rejected for certain reasons (not trusted, expired, etc.) Eudora will now present a dialog asking the user if they want to trust the cert instead of forcing them to navigate a complicated UI to manually trust the certificate.
- Filtering of IMAP messages should now be as fully functional as filtering of POP messages.
- Manually declaring an IMAP message to be either "Junk" or "Not Junk" now informs the junk plugins of the change in the message's status.
- Improved user's ability to stop IMAP operations.
- IMAP users running on servers without UIDPLUS now have the option of allowing Eudora to score incoming messages even though it will not move messages to the Junk mailbox.
- Eudora will now only move junk messages to the Junk mailbox from the Inbox for IMAP accounts.
- Fixed problem where creating a new IMAP mailbox would cause two identical entries to appear in the mailbox tree.
- Fixed problem where Eudora would sometimes confuse two similarly named IMAP accounts.
- Automatic IMAP mail checks no longer display the "No new mail" dialog.
- Fixed cases where attachments could be spoofed via base64 or quoted-printable encoded (plain-text, inline) MIME parts.
- User is now warned when forwarding an attachment not found in Eudora's attachment directory. See setting in Tools->Options->Extra Warnings "Forward files that are not in the attachment directory". Also controlled by
, where 0 means don't warn, 1 means warn (default), and 2 means don't attach.
- "Open" and "Print" filter actions now work properly when they are the only action a given filter takes.
- Fixed cases where "Open Message" and "Open Mailbox" filter actions did not work properly.
- Fixed case where the "Notify User" "In Report" filter action wouldn't bring up the "Filters Report" window if the filter report is turned off in "Tools|Options|Getting Attention".
- Users are now prevented from making the left panel of the address book smaller than a specified width. Users can specify their own width by using the ABookLeftPanelWidth INI setting.
MESSAGE DISPLAY & EDITING
- Fixed bugs related to nicknames which contained the @ character.
- Now only email addresses (and not nicknames) are added to the history list.
- Remove from recipient list now works for multiple selections.
- Fixed bug where the receipient list was not updated when a user discarded changes.
- Fixed bug which caused no context menu to appear in the address book window for Windows 95 and 98.
- Content Concentrator now detects certain text digests and behaves more appropriately.
- Eudora no longer incorrectly warns when View Source is chosen and the source is text.
- Fixed crash that could occur when selecting "View Source" after recently changing the "Use Microsoft's viewer" setting.
- Fixed detection of <>'ed URL's with URL: prefix to end properly at closing >.
- Fixed crash that could occur when editing a message.
- Now correctly marks certain words misspelled, which were previously missed when they ended with a single quote.
TABLE OF CONTENTS VIEW
- Undoing of a Junk or Not Junk command now restores the junk score.
- "Not Junk" command now correctly adds to the white list when invoked in the "Find Messages" window.
- If all downloaded messages are declared junk or are filtered to trash Eudora will no longer play the new mail sound.
- Junk is now trimmed on an auto mail checks, and sooner if maximum junk age is only 1 day.
MISCELLANEOUS BUG FIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
- Eudora is now better about remembering the preview pane splitter position used the last time Eudora was run.
- Type-to-select now searches the subject when the messages are sorted by subject.
- Type-to-select now prefers messages at the end of the mailbox (unless
is 1, in which case it prefers messages at the start of the mailbox).
- Type-to-select now allows punctuation and spaces.
- The type-to-select string can now be reset before the idle time out by pressing the Escape key.
- Content Concentrator profile menu is now hidden when the preview pane is off.
to control whether the Backspace key deletes the selected messages in a mailbox.
- Can now use internal viewer for displaying GIF files, whereas previously QuickTime was required.
- Fixed crashing bug when loading up a nickname flie with a corrupt TOC and long addresses.
- Fixed a crash (by updating to libpng 1.2.7) that could occur when displaying an invalid PNG image.
- Fixed bug where searches with "contains whole word" would not find anything unless the search text was all lower case. Searches with "contains whole word" are now case-insensitive.
- SpamHeaders is no longer case-sensitive.
- Fixed crash that could occur when a message was right clicked and the mouse was moved.
- User now has option to cancel when a duplicate nickname is found during the operation of "Make Address Book Entry".
- A setting of 0 for
or now means no limit to the number of concurrent tasks.
- Fixed bug where Eudora would not find mailfolders if any special Windows attributes were turned on for the mailfolders.
- Find messages is now better at finding messages with phrases in certain cases.
- Data and Executable directories now appear in Help|About.
- Fixed several memory leaks, some of which affected checking mail.
- Improved performance of mail checking and junk mail processing.
- Widened options dialog (but not yet the individual panels) and added "Help" button.
- Eudora now copies text containing colons in a manner that other applications like WordPad will accept.
- Eudora no longer forgets the password for a personality if you look at the "Account Settings" for a personality and click OK.
- Fixed crash that would occur when drag and dropping a mail folder onto itself.
- Strip images whose size is less than 4 square pixels (web bugs).
- Age searches now default to < 5 days, adjustable with INI settings.
- Attachment count searches now default to > 0, adjustable with INI settings.
- Attachments that are deleted with the owning message via Special->Empty Trash now go into the recycle bin.
- Eudora now does a better job of finding and deleting attachments when attachments are deleted with the owning message via Special->Empty Trash.