Headlight Software komt ons vandaag verblijden met de vierde bčtarelease van GetRight versie 5.2. GetRight is een downloadmanager die afgebroken downloads kan hervatten, een bestand van meerdere servers tegelijkertijd binnenhalen, en kan de computer na het downloaden automatisch uitschakelen. Het changelog laat zien wat er in deze release allemaal veranderd is:
Fixes & Improvements in Beta 4:
- Switched so the "by file type" Internet Explorer click monitoring uses a different method (now is a Browser Helper Object) which seems to have fewer quirks with Windows XP SP2 and a few other things. It's been the alternate method we referred people to try if they had problems, so really has been used by a lot of people over the years. Probably won't even notice any differences.
- Added MODE Z for FTP transfers. Compresses the transfer of files and directory listings. Will make a big difference especially if downloading text. Doesn't do it for ZIP, EXE, RAR, or other already compressed types; and FTP servers are only just starting to add the feature; but is pretty cool with the right data and a server that allows it! I've seen folder contents compressed over 90% in the GetRight Browser!
- Fix so GRX importing handles URLs with user/password format http://user:email@example.com/
- Minor, adjusted how the "menu-top" graphic is used for the tray icon menu so it doesn't look as squished on some computers.
- And other things I've forgotten to note down.