Gallery is een programma, geschreven in PHP en daardoor platformonafhankelijk, waarmee online fotoalbums kunnen worden gemaakt. Het is eenvoudig te installeren en in gebruik en biedt tal van mogelijkheden. Zo is er de Photo Management-optie die bijvoorbeeld automatisch thumbnails kan creëren, foto's roteren, en de grootte ervan aanpassen. Daarnaast is het mogenlijk om lees- en/of schrijfrechten toe te kennen aan de albums. Zojuist is versie 1.4.4 uitgekomen en de release notes laten de volgende veranderingen zien:
Gallery New Features:
Gallery Remote New Features:
- Updated Config Wizard - New tabbed design allows for quick location and configuration, and the config wizard now requires an admin user to login to before settings can be changed. The config wizard is also now run from inside of Gallery so no need to put your Gallery into configuration mode!
- Updated Embedding Support - Embedding has been enhanced to give a better user experience. Gallery now supports postNuke .750RC3 (with 'Legacy Modules' support enabled)
- Find Orphans - A new utility for administrators will allow them to locate albums that may have been orphaned from Gallery. They exist.. you just can't see them!
- Updated Commenting System - The comment system now has additional security features to help prevent abuse, as well as features which allow for the comment form to be embedded in the View Photo page.
- RSS - Gallery now has a built-in RSS feed so that users can keep track of changes in your albums. (User logins/authentication is not supported at this time - this is anonymous only.)
- Syslog support - User logins and login failures can now be logged to syslog on UNIX, or the system Event Log on Windows.
- PHP 5.0 Support - We have been testing Gallery with PHP 5.0 for some time now, and we don't know of any outstanding issues.
- Upload Form and Slideshow Preferences - The Gallery admin can decide which style of form and slideshow should be used by default, the normal web-based, or the java applets.
- Performance Optimizations - Numerous changes have been made in the attempt to speed up Gallery's performance on albums with large numbers of photos, and in general.
- Private Albums - An option has been added which allows new albums to be created with a more restrictive set of permissions (Only logged in users can view the new album, instead of everyone. Note: Changing this option will not effect new albums which are created as sub-albums of an already existing album, since sub-albums inherit their parent's permissions.) This was added at the request of numerous people who prefer to keep their Gallery restricted to family members or other known-users only.
- Watermarking Previews - Allows you to see what your watermark is going to look like before applying it.
- Search Page - Extra security has been added to the search page to ensure that users are never given links to images that they are not allowed to see. (Hidden, or otherwise permission restricted images)
- Greater HTML compliance - We can't claim to be 100% compliant, yet, but we're getting there. This will help make sure that pages render correctly in all browsers.
- Bugfixes - Fixed bugs, galore! You can read the ChangeLog file for details. (Not for the faint of heart.)
Issues Fixed from 1.4.4-RC3:
- Various applet improvements: nicer and lower-resource slideshow, more options in upload applet.
- Fixed applets when Gallery is embedded in a CMS and when Gallery is in "relative" mode.
- Ability to resize even when ImageMagick is not found (useful for applet).
- Non-8bit support.
- Handful of new features in Gallery Remote: G2 compatibility and crop before upload, importing of EXIF tags.
- JScript error in delete_album and delete_users
- View comments was exposing hidden photos
- View comments "view nested albums" links weren't working for non-admin/owner users
- Trailing spaces in application path prevent execution
- upgrade_album.php fails to display albums in extremely large Galleries
- Mambo popups not working if register_globals wasn't enabled
- Random Block was returning albums as images
- Typo prevented user registration [break]