Op de website van Dan Elwell is versie 3.0 build 301 van Broadband Speed Test verschenen. Met dit programma kan de snelheid van een internetverbinding worden gemeten en kunnen eventuele problemen worden opgespoord. De internetsnelheid wordt gemeten aan de hand van vier verschillende tests. Het gaat hier om ping-, upload-, download- en packet loss-testen. The resultaat wordt in een mooie grafiek neergezet, zoals is te zien in het screenshot. Het changelog van release 3.0 build 301 ziet er als volgt uit:
What's new in this version?
- Version 3.0 is a complete redesign of the Broadband Speed Test. Gone is the clunky old interface with its text-only viewing options; gone is the UK only servers file and gone is the poor help system.
- Version 3.0 is what a speed test should be - reliable, accurate and very easy to use. Not only that, but it's self updating so any erroneous servers are automatically removed and replace. It features an extensive help system to ensure that users are never left not knowing what's going on.
- It's also completely newbie-friendly. As well as featuring a large help file, it also uses colour-coded graphically reporting and built-in tutorials give a good guide on how to use the test. The context-sensitive help file also tells users what tests are conducted, what the tests mean, how the tests affected the connection and what can be done to improve the results.
- There's also a wealth of new features, including the Portfolio (allowing you to keep track of past results), exporting your results to file, the ability to e-mail your results, scheduled testing, upload testing, a number of results report styles and the ability to print your results.
- The test is good for anybody in the world - there are no restrictions on location as the test uses localised servers to ensure that everybody gets good results. In addition, the Speed Test supports Broadband connections from 256Kb to 8Mb, and all Service providers are supported.[break]
klik voor een grotere versie