Het team van Mozilla heeft een nieuwe versie van Camino online gezet. De browser heeft een update gekregen naar 0.8b en kan hier gedownload worden. Het surfprogramma werkt alleen met MacOS X en maakt gebruik van Cocoa als user interface en de Gecko-engine om webpagina's te renderen. De release notes zien er als volgt uit:
- A new look and icon set (a graphite set will be made available shortly)
- Upgraded Gecko HTML rendering engine to 1.7final from 1.0, yielding performance and web page rendering enhancements, as well as a large number of bug-fixes
- A more-compact download manager UI
- Entirely rewritten bookmark system, capable of importing Safari, IE, and Mozilla bookmarks, with Rendezvous and Address Book integration and multi-level undo support
- "Top Ten" bookmark collection, based on your ten most-visited sites
- Searchable bookmarks
- Google search field in toolbar
- Ability to manage individual cookies, sorting and editing cookie allow/deny lists
- Ability to unblock popups on a per-site basis (popup white-listing)
- User profile migrated to ~/Library/Application Support/Camino
- Incremental, type-ahead find in the content area
- Automatic size-to-fit for image images larger than the viewable content area
- Hundreds of smaller improvements and bug-fixes to the user interface
Migrating from Camino 0.7
- If you've customized your toolbar, the Google search field might not show up automatically. Use "View:Customize Toolbar" to add it.
- The list of search engines can be easily customized, see "Help:Customizing Search Engines"
- The bookmark sidebar has been replaced by an in-window bookmark organizer, allowing many more features and better management
- Site "favicons" (small images specified by the web page that display in the bookmarks bar and menu) are removed when Camino crashes because Gecko invalidates the disk cache.
- Activate type-ahead find by typing a "/" when the content area has focus. As you type, the nearest text matching the current find string will be highlighted. To find the next occurrence, use "Edit:Find again". To cancel type-ahead find, press Escape.
Known 10.3-only issues
- The user profile has moved to ~/Library/Application Support/Camino and no longer contains a nested "salted" (xxxxx.slt) profile directory.
- The profile will be migrated at first run and the original profile will not be touched. The disk cache will not be copied, but cookies and bookmarks will.
- By default, the dock menu shows the contents of the "Top Ten" bookmark container and will appear empty when upgrading from 0.7 (which did not have this container). Visiting web pages will populate the container and the menu.
- If you have problems migrating your profile, please contact us at email@example.com
- A bug in 10.3 causes text in IFRAMEs to "float" as the window is resized and not repaint correctly when scrolled. This will be fixed in a future version of MacOS X.
- A bug in 10.3 can cause multiple bookmarks to appear on the Bookmark Bar or Desktop when dragged from Camino. No ETA from Apple on a fix.
- Shockwave Director content displays at the wrong location in the window, if hardware rendering is enabled.
- Typing and dragging in Java applets does not work correctly.
- The Windows Media Player plugin is not compatible with Camino.
- If you try to open Camino AppleScript dictionary, say from Script Editor, you’ll get an error. To work around this, open the application package, and remove the “Localized.rsrc” file in Contents/Resources/English.lproj. This will, however, prevent Shockwave Director content from loading so we recommend you do this on a copy of the application.
- While the worst issues from 0.7 have been resolved, some issues remain when typing in non-Roman languages