Forté Agent is een usenet nieuwslezer met daarnaast een ingebouwde POP e-mail client. Het programma is overzichtelijk opgebouwd en heeft veel features aanboord. Versie 2.0 build 646 is sinds kort uitgegeven en is voorzien van de volgende release notes:
Agent 2.0 · Build 646 provides several important bug fixes for the initial release.
- We added a warning to the Agent Crash Dump dialog box stating that a crash dump may contain personal information. We also added more information to the dialog's help topic about what a crash dump file contains and how Forte uses crash dumps. (This dialog is displayed when you restart Agent after a crash.)
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to display an error message if the DLL MAPI32.DLL (for MAPI support) was not installed on the computer.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to display an error message and then crash if Dial-Up Networking support was not installed on the computer (file RASAPI32.DLL), whenever you tried to go online or view the DUN panel on the options dialog.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to crash at seemingly random times, after you opened any of the various File Open or File Save dialogs. These crashes were more likely to occur under Windows 98 than under Windows NT or Windows XP.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to crash after encountering certain kinds of online errors.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes caused Agent to crash if you ran multiple copies of the program.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to crash in certain cases when you were navigating in the Message Body pane or Composition window.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to crash if no item in the Message Index dialog was selected or had the focus.
- We fixed a bug that caused Agent to crash if you deleted all items from the Message Views list and then switched between simple and advanced views.
- We fixed a bug that caused crash dumps generated under Windows 98 to be unreadable.
- We fixed a bug that caused sent messages to remember the wrong filing selection, if you had overridden the default selection by choosing "Leave in Outbox". If you subsequently edited the message to resend it, the filing selection would revert to the default choice.
- We fixed a bug that caused the various File Open dialog boxes to fail to test for the existence of the selected file.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the Message List pane text from being redrawn if the currently selected message was off-screen and you resized the window, causing the columns to adjust their widths.
- We fixed a bug that caused the sort menus to show no selection checkmark if you selected a "thread with newest message first sort" and then either clicked the column heading to toggle the sort direction or clicked the threading button to turn off threaded sorts.
- We increased the height of the Fields list on the composition window from 4 to 5 lines.