3D Spotlight meldt dat DVD Genie versie 3.75 is verschenen die een aantal flinke verbeteringen heeft gekregen. Hieronder meer info over deze release:
DVD Genie allows you to modify the region code for popular software-based DVD Players such as Software Cinemaster, PowerDVD and WinDVD (among a few). It also allows you to tweak these programs with undocumented features to better fit your system.
DVD Genie will also allow you to select which program runs when a DVD Disc is inserted into the drive and contains support for fullscreen Zooming on widescreen movies with certain players.
What's new in v3.75:
- With the help of a Genie user by the name of "Dan Jackson", I was able to write code that recreates the Windows 98 Special Edition internal region code. It also resets it's region counter back to 1 change remaining. So you can reset the region as many times as required.
- Furthermore, Direct support for changing the Windows 98 Second/Millennium Edition region code has been enabled. This makes playback using players that rely on the internal windows code much easier to accomplish.
- New option to automatically set the Windows 98 SE / ME region code on the "Auto Region" panel.
- Fixed the windows DVD-Run-on-insert feature so that it will not give that odd message under Windows Millennium Edition when inserting a disc & no program is selected to auto-run.
- MGI SoftDVD MAX region-reset feature has been confirmed to work with the latest version (v3.6.0002 with Dolby Headphone support). This will only work in combination of the Windows internal region code, the Windows code must be set, and the SoftDVD code must be reset, then it'll work like a charm.
- Will now detect Windows 2000 region keys, thanks to all the people who've sent me sample keys so I can implement this feature.
- Can now export & erase the Windows 2000 region key.
- Removed the ability to edit the region key within DVD Genie. This feature was not really practical due to the changes Microsoft did to the design of the key since it's original inception in Windows 98.
- The DVD Genie configuration entries have been moved to HKEY_CURRENT_USER for Windows 2000 compatibility.