Ultrafunk is bezig met de ontwikkeling van Popcorn, een e-mailclient voor Microsoft Windows. Via de POP- en SMTP-protocollen worden elektronische berichten verstuurd en ontvangen. In de registered-mode kunnen meerdere accounts gebruikt worden, in tegenstelling tot de feeware-variant waarin maar één profiel de mail kan checken. Versie 1.60 is enige dagen geleden uitgebracht en heeft het volgende changelog mee gekregen:
- A simple address book has been added to Popcorn, accessible either from the main toolbar, the "Mail" -> "Address Book..." menu item, or from the "To:", "Cc:" or "Bcc:" buttons and the "Mail" -> "Address Book..." menu item in the mail editor. Address book data is stored in the "addressbook.ini" file which is created and located in the directory where Popcorn is started from.
- Re-designed the mail editor to work with the newly added address book. The "+" (more) button to toggle on/off the "Cc:" and "Bcc:" fields has been removed, the same options are now available from the "Mail" -> "Header Fields" menu item. "To:", "Cc:" and "Bcc:" buttons were added to insert address entries directly from the address book.
- Added detection and decoding of the "multipart/related" MIME type.
- Added detection and decoding of the "multipart/report" MIME type.
- Added an "Empty Local Inbox" toolbar button (Ctrl+E).
- Fixed a bug that caused Popcorn to crash when re-directing a message and sending it after changing the active profile/account. There are two "side effects" caused by this fix:
- The complete header is always shown in the Mail Editor when mails are re-directed (slightly negative).
- You can now change the content of the re-directed message, including header data, exactly what is shown in the editor window is sent to the recipient (very positive). This used to be read-only...
- Fixed a minor bug in the quoted printable decoder.
- Fixed a bug that caused Popcorn to not decode base64 mail body content for the "multipart/alternative" MIME content-type.
- Popcorn now signals all child windows to properly close down if they are open when the application is exited. Some window size/position settings were not saved because the child windows were not signalled upon exit.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the mail editor to display the wrong from address when it was opened if the all profiles window was being updated.
- The "From:" field is now always visible above the "To:" field in the mail editor, and it can no longer be hidden.
- All items on the "Mail Properties" menu in the mail editor has now been moved to the "Mail" menu.
- Cleaned up a few of the icon and toolbar images.
- The "File" -> "Profiles/Settings Info" message box now also displays the path and read/write access for the address book data file.
- Cleaned up some of the message send code.
- The "From:" address field in the mail editor is no longer automatically updated to reflect the currently selected profile if it is changed while the editor window is opened.
- Optimized user profile/account switching and management.
- Optimized and enhanced MIME parser/decoder code.