Realtime Soft heeft een nieuwe versie uitgebracht van UltraMon. De update is genummerd als 2.4 en wordt geleverd met enkele bugfixes en een nieuwe feature. Het programma is vanaf hier neer te halen en weegt ongeveer 2,2 megabytes. UltraMon is een veelgebruikt programma voor systemen met een dual monitor-opstelling. Zo is het mogelijk om een window naar een ander scherm te verplaatsen of te maximaliseren over de hele dekstop. Meer informatie is te vinden in deze overview. De release notes van 2.4 zien er als volgt uit:
New in 2.4:
Bug fixes in 2.4
- Mirroring and nView Desktop Manager
Mirroring will only display a warning when nView Desktop Manager version 4x.xx is running, later versions work fine with UltraMon mirroring (tested with version 52.16).
- Log off/shutdown dialogs not shown the first time with Smart Taskbar running
- Access 2003 may crash when selecting a custom menu command added by UltraMon
A workaround has been implemented, when doing a new installation custom menu commands are disabled for Access. There is no real fix for this issue, the problem is that Access 2003 doesn't ignore unknown commands on the window menu.
The custom menu commands work fine with earlier versions of Access. To enable them, go to UltraMon Options > Window Menu, select msaccess.exe from the list of excluded applications and click on Remove.
- Microsoft Office: taskbar button on wrong monitor
Scenario: Office application on secondary monitor, document window not maximized. When opening a second document, the taskbar button for the first document gets moved to the primary monitor (actually to the monitor with the Windows taskbar, which is usually the primary monitor).
- Custom tabs for VillageTronic VTBook not shown in advanced display settings
- Smart Taskbar doesn't start if shell (explorer.exe) has been renamed
- Smart Taskbar delays applying new style after changing visual styles on Windows XP
- Smart Taskbar (UltraMonTaskbar.exe) doesn't work when restarted after having been killed with Task Manager
- English and German help files don't display correctly on Japanese system
- Custom menu commands disabled for Access
Due to the custom menu commands causing Access 2003 to crash, they are disabled by default. The custom menu commands work fine with earlier versions of Access, to enable them, go to UltraMon Options > Window Menu, select msaccess.exe from the list of excluded applications and click on Remove.
- Wallpapers don't look as intended when EarthView is installed
This happens if you have one or more monitors to the left of the primary monitor, have installed EarthView 2.0, and have enabled multi-monitor support in EarthView. UltraMon will warn you if it detects incompatible wallpaper settings, and will optionally restore the default wallpaper settings.
- UltraMon Screen Saver crashes when using Novell Client 4.83 SP1
Status: this is an issue with the Novell Client. Novell has a fix and more information on this issue: TID-10071904 The application failed to initialize properly. Another workaround is to enable password protection for the screen saver.
- Some applications can't be positioned with UltraMon shortcuts
Can't be positioned at all: ICQ, Netscape Navigator 4.x, Windows Explorer. Don't work with Last Used Position: Internet Explorer, Outlook XP.
Status: will be fixed in a future release if possible.
- Smart Taskbar may be shown when playing a fullscreen game
When playing a game on a monitor with an UltraMon taskbar, which is configured to be always on top, the UltraMon taskbar will hide itself when the game starts, but when you move the mouse to the monitor edge with the UltraMon taskbar, it will show itself again. This behavior is by design, but not desired for games. As a workaround, disable the Smart Taskbar or play the game on the monitor with the Windows taskbar.
- Custom window buttons and menu commands don't work with Directory Opus
You should disable custom window buttons and menu commands for this application.