LSI Logic heeft een nieuwe firmware en BIOS release voor zijn intelligente Serial ATA RAID-adapters uitgebracht. Versie 712T biedt diverse bugfixes en verbetering, waaronder ondersteuning voor SMART. De firmware is geschikt voor de MegaRAID SATA 150-4 en 150-6, maar kan niet gebruikt worden op de MegaRAID SATA 150-2 hostbased RAID-adapter:
Reason for Release
SATA FW re-based with latest PCIRAID stream.
1) Data corruption on SATA controller when running LinFlash and TarTest I/O utility.
2) User is able to Create/Delete LD while CC/GBI is active.
3) Data retention test fails in manufacturing test.
4) An issue was seen in a new group of controllers where certain boards would hang during testing. It was determined that these controllers had faulty DIMM modules that would cause both single and multi-bit ECC errors. Multi-bit errors can produce unpredictable results on a controller. When a location with a multi-bit error is read, the agent reading the memory receives a target-abort and the data returned is all FFs. As detailed above, the effects of this condition can cause a wide range of problems to occur, but most will result in a firmware hang.
5)PD table size/status field is getting corrupted, when the device type is Safte Processor.
1) A new Drive failure reason is added, when the user aborts Rebuild.
2) SMART support is enabled for SATA drives. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (the SMART feature set) is to protect user data and minimize the likelihood of unscheduled system downtime that may be caused by predictable degradation and/or fault of the device.
3) SMART support is enabled for SATA drives. Background Initialization should be brought back to the
original functional model: i.e. it should run only in the cases which is required, that is to say only for R5
(or R50) that has 5 or more physical disks. In any other case it is unnecessary and should not run