Wie op mozilla.org komt langssurfen kan er niet omheen: Mozilla 1.5 is uit. Na een aantal Release Candidates is de nieuwe versie van de populaire webbrowser stabiel verklaard. De belangrijkste veranderingen in het programma zien er zo uit:
- Mozilla now includes a spellchecker for MailNews and Composer.
- Additional MailNews improvements include:
- Users can add header lines to *every* message sent out via a certain identity.
- A common application hang with SSL-encrypted SMTP connections has been fixed.
- Printing of the attachments list is now supported.
- Users can now mark message as read by date.
- Many great improvements to Mozilla Composer including:
- Better resizing for images, tables, and absolutely positioned objects.
- Support for absolutely positioned objects, movable on the canvas using the mouse.
- Support for z-index management.
- "Snap to grid" when moving an absolutely positioned object.
- Source View now uses an editor instead of a simple textarea (allows find and replace).
- Numerous fixes in caret management, inline styles handling, and CSS styles handling.
- Improvements to tabbed browsing, including:
- Tabs are now replaced when a bookmark group is loaded. This can be changed to the old "append" behavior in the Tabbed browsing preferences.
- Back and Forward navigation for tabbed browsing and bookmark groups has been improved. Users can now use the back button after loading a bookmark group to restore the previous set of tabs.
- Closing a window with multiple tabs now prompts the user with a confirmation dialog (which can be disabled for future close operations).
- ChatZilla, Mozilla's internet relay chat (IRC) client, has had a major overhaul bringing logging and many additional improvements.