Op Mozilla.org treffen we een nieuwe release van de webbrowser Mozilla aan. Deze keer hebben we het over de tweede Release Candidate voor versie 1.5. De release bevat een hoop nieuwe features:
- Mozilla now includes a spellchecker for Mail/News and Composer.
- Additional Mail/News improvements include:
- Users can add header lines to every messsage sent out via a certain identity.
- A common application hang with SSL-encrypted SMTP connections was fixed.
- Printing of the attachments list is now supported.
- Users can now mark message as read by date.
- Many great improvements to Mozilla Composer including:
- Better resizing for images, tables, and absolutely positioned objects.
- Support for absolutely positioned objects, movable on the canvas using the mouse.
- Support for z-index management.
- "Snap to grid" when moving an absolutely positioned object.
- Source View now uses an editor instead of a simple textarea (allows find and replace).
- Numerous fixes in caret management, inline styles handling and CSS styles handling.
Improvements to tabbed browsing including:
- Tabs are now replaced when a bookmark group is loaded. This can be changed to the old "append" behavior in the tabbed browsing preferences.
- Back and Forward navigation for tabbed browsing and bookmark groups has been improved. Users can now use the back button after loading a bookmark group to restore the previous set of tabs.
- Closing a window with multiple tabs now prompts the user with a confirmation dialog (which can be disabled for future close operations).