dArtagnan stuurt de volgende lap tekst in: "Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2 is uitgebracht en kan gedownload worden vanaf de FTP-server. Thunderbird is een gratis, open source en crossplatform mailclient en nieuwslezer voor de meeste moderne besturingssytemen zoals Windows, Linux en Macintosh. Het biedt een aantal voordelen ten opzichte van andere mailclients zoals junk-filtering. De Gecko-engine, de motor die ook gebruikt wordt door Mozilla, zorgt ervoor dat de meest 'standards-compliant' manier gebruikt wordt om web-inhoud te renderen. Het changelog is op deze pagina te lezen:"
- Footprint and Performance
Since 0.1, we have made excellent strides in reducing code footprint and improving performance. The download file size for Windows has been reduced by 1.5MB and is substantially faster than 0.1.
- Improved Default Theme
Arvid Axelsson continues to improve the crisp, fresh, and attractive theme based on Qute, his amazing theme for Mozilla Firebird. Updates include new icons for the options dialog, and improvements to the icons for both the mail and compose toolbars. Also added are new taskbar icons for Windows and dock icons for Mac OS X.
- Improved Spell Checker
The spell checker now ignores quoted text when composing a reply (HTMLand plain text), and also ignores any URL inside the message body.
- Redesigned Options Dialog
The 'Options' dialog got theme updates (see above), a streamlined 'Advanced' panel, and a new 'Attachments' panel for managing behavior when opening mail attachments.
- Improved customization
The Compose window toolbar now supports a 'Quote' button. The Mail window toolbar now supports a 'Previous' button.
- Improved Stability
This release is based on the Mozilla App-Suite 1.5 beta branch.
This list covers some of the known problems with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2. Please read this before reporting any new bugs, and watch it regularly (we'll update it as new bugs are found in the release). Because this is only our second milestone release, we realize we have a lot of work to do ahead of us! At the same time we are very excited about Thunderbird and want to share with you our current level of progress.
[break]De source van Mozilla Thunderbird is hier neer te halen. Daarnaast is deze release te downloaden in de volgende versies:
- The default theme is not complete yet. We are still using a lot of Mozilla classic theme icons. Arvid is working on the artwork and you will continue to see it improve going forward.
- Unix users: our integration with the operating system has not been implemented yet. Clicking on HTTP URLs in mail messages fails to launch your default Linux browser. We hope to address this in the next release. We recognize how important this is for our unix users and apologize in advance.
- To add a non-English dictionary, read the installation instructions.
- OSX users: if you close all open Thunderbird windows you will get a very strange menu bar filled with Seamonkey looking menu items, most of which don't do anything. We still need to implement this 'hidden window' in Thunderbird. Hopefully we'll have this by the third milestone.
- OSX users: We don't have a 'Windows' menu item in the menu bar which allows you to toggle through the open application windows yet. We hope to have this in the near future too.
- Turning on junk mail adaptive filter detection is a per account preference (Tools / Junk Mail Controls / Adaptive Filters). However the UI makes it look like it is a global setting. To turn it on for several accounts, click on the Settings tab, change the account menu list to the right account then go back to the Adaptive Filter panel and make the decision to enable or disable automatic junk detection.
- The progress-meter in the mail 3-pane does not become visible when performing operations. It stays hidden all the time.
- We do not currently migrate your Mozilla profile to Thunderbird. If you just want to try Thunderbird out, use a new profile and enter in your mail account information. You can migrate your Mozilla profile by hand, although we do not recommend it.
- If you configure a POP account to not download message bodies over a certain size we later fail to download the rest of the message body when you click on the download rest of message link.
- If you want to make Mozilla Thunderbird your default mail client on Windows, we recommend going through Tools / Options General instead of going through the operating system. We fail to register a key with the OS when you go through Windows' Internet Options.
- The Mark All Read keyboard short cut does not work on Linux.