Visual Studio Code is een opensourcecode-editor met ondersteuning voor IntelliSense, debugging, Git en code snippets. Ondersteuning voor de gangbare script- en programmeertalen is aanwezig en het kan daarnaast via extensies uitgebreid worden. Microsoft heeft versie 1.28 uitgebracht. De bijbehorende lijst met aanpassingen ziet er als volgt uit:
September 2018 (version 1.28)
Welcome to the September 2018 release of Visual Studio Code. As announced in the September iteration plan, we focused on housekeeping our GitHub issues and pull requests. Across all of our VS Code repositories, we closed (either triaged or fixed) 3918 issues. While we closed issues, you created 2187 new issues. This resulted in a net reduction of 1731 issues. The main vscode repository now has 2472 open feature requests and 625 open bugs. In addition, we closed 212 pull requests.
It was great to see how much you care about our progress. Benjamin Lannon published a personal site with a live tracker of the issue numbers in our main repository. It nicely shows the progress we made since September 11.
It also shows what happens as soon as we stop paying attention to reducing issues. Below are the last three days of last week while we were getting ready for this release. As you can see, there will be more issue grooming iterations in our future.
During this housekeeping milestone, we addressed several feature requests and community pull requests also resulted in new features. Here are some of the release highlights:
- Custom file icons - VS Code file icons reflect file type in your OS explorer.
- Project level snippets - Tune your snippet collection per workspace.
- Editor Tab completion - Use Tab to easily cycle through IntelliSense suggestions.
- Jump to last edit - New command to go to the location of your last edit.
- Save without formatting - Save a file without changing the existing formatting.
- Git improvements - Better delete conflict handling, new rebase on sync option.
- Rename via import path - Rename a JS/TS file through it's import path.
- Convert to async refactoring - Quickly update a function to use async and await.
- Better Markdown folding - Collapse code blocks, multi-line lists, and embedded HTML.