SquirrelMail is een PHP e-mail client, welke veel wordt gebruikt om web-based email aan te bieden. Onlangs is versie 1.4.1 uitgebracht en stable verklaard waarin men zich heeft geconcentreerd op het bugfixen en performance verbeteringen. De complete release notes en het changelog zijn hier na te lezen, daarin wordt onder andere het volgende vermeld:
All about this Release!
This is the second release of the stable 1.4.x series. This release added no new user features, focusing strictly on bugfixes and performance enhancements.
See the Major Updates section of this file for more about the 1.4.x stable series. For changes in this release, please refer to the ChangeLog.
The 1.4.0 series (as a result of 1.3 developent series) brings:
A note on plugins
- A complete rewrite of the way we send mail (Deliver-class), and of the way we parse mail (MIME-bodystructure parsing). This makes SquirrelMail more reliable and more efficient at the same time!
- Support for IMAP UID which makes SquirrelMail more reliable.
- Optimizations to code and the number of IMAP calls; SquirrelMail is now a very scalable webmail solution.
- Support for a wider range of authentication mechanisms.
- Lots of bugfixes, some new features and a couple of UI-tweaks.
There have been major plugin architecture improvements since 1.2.x. Lots of plugins have not yet been adapted to this. Plugins which are distributed with this release (eg. in the same .tar.gz file) should work. Plugin authors will need some time to adapt their plugins, so quite a few plugins that did work with 1.2.x might not work with 1.4.x.
So if you have ANY problem at all, first try turning off all plugins. If one plugin seems to be the culprit, contact the author to see if a 1.4.x version is underway.
Plugins that worked with 1.4.0 should continue to work without changes with 1.4.1.
About Our Release Alias
This release is labeled the "Bucket o' Beaks" Release. I think you can figure out the meaning behind this yourself. (If you figure it out, please tell us what it means!)
- The SquirrelMail Project Team