Naast betaversie 1.4b heeft Mozilla ook nog finalversie 1.3.1 uitgebracht. In Mozilla Mail hebben de developers een spam- en nieuwsgroep-filter gebakken. Daarnaast worden afbeeldingen die groter zijn dan het scherm automatisch geresized. De overige veranderingen staan in het changelog:
What's New in Mozilla 1.3.1
Mozilla 1.3.1 was released to restore XPI functionality for Mac OS X users. Mac users who need XPI functionality and cannot upgrade to Mozilla 1.4beta or wait for the final release of Mozilla 1.4 are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
[/break]Zoals gewoonlijk is Mozilla in drie varianten te downloaden:
- Mozilla Mail has junk-mail classification. With some initial "training" the client can identify and segregate spam messages from good messages. To see more about Mozilla's junk-mail classification, visit the Mozilla Spam Filtering page.
- Newsgroup filters have been implemented.
- An initial implementation of Mozilla Midas, rich text editing controls, has landed in Mozilla for 1.3.1. See the Midas page for more information.
- Image auto sizing allows a user to toggle between full-sized images and images sized to fit the browser window. To give it a try, load a large image into the browser window or size the window to be much smaller. Now clicking on the image will alternate between auto-sized and full-sized. The feature can be disabled (or enabled) from the Appearance panel in Preferences.
- Users can now "dynamically" switch profiles. To give it a try, from the tools menu select "Switch Profile..."
- Find as you type, formerly known as type ahead find, has a new preferences panel (Advanced: Keyboard Navigation).
- When installed, Chatzilla now has a normal Mozilla preferences panel.
- Mozilla 1.3.1 also includes fixes for performance, standards compliance and site compatibility.
- Mozilla has a new splash screen. We already know. Please don't report this to Bugzilla. Thanks.
- The RPMS for Red Hat 8.x are compiled with GCC 3.2
Windows 9x/Me/2k/XP MacOS X Linux x86