Het handige programma RAR, voor het windows-platform WinRAR, is aangekomen bij versie 3.20 beta 1. Hierin zijn de volgende veranderingen verwerkt die worden gemeld in het changelog:
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- Previous WinRAR and RAR versions stored only the file modification time and only in DOS FAT format with 2 seconds precision. While it was enough for FAT, modern file systems provide a higher precision. Now RAR format can preserve modification, creation and last access time with the precision up to 0.0000001 second. The following changes had been done to support this facility:
Time precision provided by ZIP format is not changed and equal to 2 seconds.
- new "Time" part of archiving dialog includes "File time to store" options controlling file time processing. Other time related options also had been moved from "Backup" to "Time" section;
- new "Advanced" part of extraction dialog contains "File time" options allowing to select time fields to restore;
- command line -ts
switch chooses time fields to process and precision of these fields;
- Changes in the extraction dialog:
- extraction dialog has been split to "General" and "Advanced" parts;
- "Display files in Explorer" option in "General" part instructs WinRAR to open Explorer window and display contents of destination folder when extraction is done;
- "Save settings" button saves the current state of both parts ("General" and "Advanced"). Saved state will be used as the default when activating the dialog next time. WinRAR saves all options except the destination path;
- "Advanced" part includes "File time" options allowing to select time fields to restore;
- new "Set file security" option in "Advanced" part controls restoring of NTFS file security information. Previous versions always extracted this information.
- It is possible to rename files inside of RAR archives. It can be done either with "Rename file" command in "Commands" menu or in the context menu displaying on the right mouse click. In the command line mode you may use 'rn' command for this purpose.
- "Next volume" dialog allows to choose the disk or folder for a new volume. WinRAR displays this dialog when creating volumes on removable disks or if "Pause after each volume" option is switched on. Previous versions did not allow to modify the volume name here.
- "Test" and "Convert" commands can be applied to archives directly from Explorer context menu. By default these menu items are disabled, but you may enable them in WinRAR "Settings/Integration/Context menu items..." dialog.
- "Pause" item added to context menu displayed on the right mouse button click on WinRAR tray icon. So you may pause WinRAR minimized to tray and continue it without restoring WinRAR to normal window.
- If one of SFX volumes is missing, SFX archive displays "Next volume" dialog proposing to browse for required volume.
- WinRAR allows to resize the window containing results of "Find" command. It saves modified window dimensions and restores them when using "Find" next time.
- "Toolbars..." button in "Settings/General" activates the dialog allowing to turn on or off the main WinRAR toolbar, the additional small toolbar containing "Up one level" button and the address bar with path or archive information;
- buttons may have a variable width. So few large button titles in localized versions will not increase the total toolbar size too much like it happened before;
- if the width of buttons exceeds the width of toolbar, you may click on the small arrow at the right side of toolbar and choose hidden buttons from the menu.
- Console RAR 'lb' and 'vb' commands list contents of archive in the bare mode - file names without any additional information.
- WinRAR recognizes one more tar long file name extension designed to overcome 100 characters file name limit in tar archives.
- Gzip archives contained zero in the file time field are processed correctly. Previous versions could display random date values for such archives.
- Recovery volumes:
- when creating recovery volumes, the required disk space is preallocated in the beginning of operation. It helps to minimize the disk fragmentation;
- console RAR displays the operation percentage when creating recovery volumes or reconstructing missing or corrupt volumes.
- If "Save file security" option is enabled, folders will be archived after files which they contain. It is necessary to avoid the situation when security attributes of just unpacked folder do not allow to extract files to it.
- Optional description can be entered in "Add to favorite" dialog. If such description is available, WinRAR will display it in "Favorites" menu instead of folder or archive name.
WinRAR voor Windows
RAR voor Linux
RAR voor MacOS X
RAR voor DOS en OS/2
RAR voor FreeBSD