Rockstor is een op CentOS gebaseerde Linuxdistributie, die onder meer als nas of private cloud storage-oplossing ingezet kan worden. Het maakt gebruik van populaire opensource technologieën, zoals het Btrfs-bestandssysteem en Docker voor de deployment van applicaties in zogenaamde softwarecontainers. Rockstor is gratis te gebruiken en updates kunnen via een test- of stabielkanaal worden ontvangen. Updates via het testkanaal zijn zeer frequent, vaak meerdere keren per week, maar kunnen soms bugs bevatten. Updates via het stabiele kanaal, waar alleen abonnementhouders toegang tot hebben, komen elke drie tot vier weken uit en zijn uitgebreid getest. Donderdag is versie 3.8-13 uitgekomen en de release notes hiervan zien er als volgt uit:
Announcing Rockstor 3.8-13
Rockstor 3.8-13 is now available! We closed 23 issues of different magnitudes in this cycle. The two big ones include adding support for Network Teaming and Bonding, and advanced S.M.A.R.T management support. These features were requested and voted for, by many users which makes us especially happy to finally roll out.
There were several fixes and enhancements as well, following the established trend of our updates. All this is possible, thanks to a strong and growing community. We welcomed two new contributors in this cycle, @MFlyer and @ScarabMonkey. A total of five contributors collaborated to bring you this release. Also, as always, thanks to subscribers for supporting our effort. We are delighted to bring you this update.
The 3.8-13 ISO is downloadable from here for new users. After installation, please purchase Stable update subscription and take advantage of many benefits that come with it. Existing subscribers on the other hand, can update easily from the Web-UI.
3.8-13 release cycle was fun, and made substantial with high participation, both by regular and new community members. We are evolving and reinforcing our iterative development habit with every release, which means a lot of short term improvements and sustained long term work along with new features. We were able to react to bugs faster in this cycle thanks to active users who are quick to report and in some cases, document the fix or even open a pull request. I regret not getting to a couple of pull requests still pending review, which I am looking forward to next!
Here is the list of all issues resolved in this release
- Add Network Teaming and Bonding support. #560
- Support user supplied custom S.M.A.R.T parameters. #1079
- Redesign Services page. #796
- Advice user to use nmtui in case of install without network. #1268
- Allow Rock-on metadata update on failed installation. #1259
- Add optional SMTP authentication to e-mail notification setup. #1228
- Handlebars template improvements in samba UI. #1176
- Add support to sort services by status in the UI. #1201
- Improve storage unmount logic. #1242
- Make adding storage to Rock-ons more intuitive. #1178
- Improve tooltip display. #1198
- Make favicon access secure. #1055
- Fix compression UI bug. #1245
- Improve Rock-on install state transition logic. #1216
- Mount by-label consistently as first preference. #1181
- Fix Samba UI pagination. #1224
- Improve scheduled Snapshot management. #1227
- Add more frequency choices for scheduled tasks. #1226
- Automatically map /etc/localtime to Rock-ons. #809
- Fix dashboard by locking backend library versions. #1215
- Improve S.M.A.R.T self test log parsing. #1207
- Improve S.M.A.R.T behaviour on root drive. #1206
- Fix snapshot name prefix bug. #1186