Adobe heeft versie 21 uitgebracht van Flash Player en de Integrated Runtime. Met Adobe Flash Player is het mogelijk om Flash-content, voornamelijk swf-bestanden, op de computer af te spelen. Onder meer populaire videosites als YouTube en Google Video bieden hun bezoekers de mogelijkheid om video's met de stand-alone-Flash Player af te spelen. Adobe AIR biedt een crossplatform-omgeving voor het ontwikkelen en afspelen van zogeheten Rich Internet Applications. De release notes voor deze uitgave zijn hieronder te vinden.
New FeaturesGPU Memory Information In Context3D
When a Context3D object is created, developers allocate memory for various Stage3D structures which includes index buffers, vertex buffers, textures, and programs. Prior to Flash and AIR 21, the only way to verify the memory allocated by the current Context3D is through values displayed by Scout. With the release of Flash Player and AIR 21, a new property of context3D class called "totalGPUMemory" has been introduced which provides the sum of gpu memory used by the index buffers, vertex buffers, textures, and programs created through Context3D.
The total value can be obtained by property "Context3D.totalGPUMemory;".
The value of this property is in bytes and its default value is 0. The information is only provided in direct mode on mobile and in direct and gpu mode on desktop (On desktop computers, using <renderMode>gpu</renderMode> will fallback to <renderMode>direct</renderMode>). This property can be used when the SWF version is 32 or more.
Support for Browser Zoom Factor in Firefox
We’ve extended the support for Browser Zoom Feature that proposes scaling of Flash content in the web browser in response to web page zoom factor change. This feature is already available for the ActiveX and PPAPI plugin (link).
It will be available from Flash Player version 21 on wards and is currently available on Firefox Nightly 45.0a1, the official Firefox version supporting the feature has yet to be announced.
PPAPI vector printing on OSX
As of Flash Player version 19, Vector Printing has only been available for NPAPI while PPAPI supported only bitmap printing. Hence there was an observable difference in printing quality between NPAPI and PPAPI (with NPAPI being better). In version 20 we added vector printing support for PPAPI on Windows. Now in version 21, we have introduced vector printing for PPAPI for OSX, thus giving a better printing experience from PPAPI supported browsers and applications. The bitmap printing functionality will continue to be supported and used when requested by the content.
Simplified LSO UI
Flash player provides an per domain/swf option to store locally shared objects on user's system. In the past, users could specify the size up to which a domain or SWF could save their LSOs on their machine. We have now simplified the LSO UI Options. This Simple LSO feature will change the permission scheme and related dialogs to only allow/deny and universally imposes a rational upper limit to the LSO size. End users will no longer be able to specify the size of LSOs (but will be able to approve if LSOs can be created or not).
Media Auto Play for iOS & Android
Starting in AIR 21, we have introduced Media Auto Play support for AIR iOS & Android applications. With this feature, ActionScript developers can enable auto play for media inside their applications. To enable this, autoplay should also be enabled in the HTML5 video tag. (More info on HTML5 StageWebView video tag).
Please use swf-version 32 or greater and namespace 21.0 or greater to access this feature.
Android StageWebView debugging
Fixed IssuesFlash Player
- Browser freezes on playing a gaming SWF 
- Flash content freezes in a game developed in ActionScript2 
- OOM observed in an educational program 
- gotoAndStop works incorrectly 
- Windows 10 Firefox: Mic access not working 
- AIR Apps created from Version 20 SDK not accepted in MAC App store 
- AIR application quits unexpectedly while creating a Netgroup inside an AS3 worker 
- [iOS] Fails to link ImageIO.framework when targeting iOS (4113460)
- [Android] GPU mode apps crash on devices with Tegra K1 GPU. (4110848)
- Android 6 : Stage3D AIR application fails to return from background (4075177)
- ATF textures (with JPEG Compression) are not rendered properly on MALI GPU. 
- [iOS] Packaging error appears in Flex app having TextField for non-interpretor (e.g. Ipa-app-store) mode on Macintosh (4111322)
- [iOS & Android] Icon files get duplicated when packaging iOS, Android versions (4100164)
- [iOS] Crash when debugging on iOS 7 (4079709)
- [iOS] On compiling empty app using Xcode 7.2 to iOS Simulator in Adobe CC 2015, throws an error. (4103483)
- [iOS] Wrong rotation in IOS 7 (4098845)
- [iOS] Flash Pro doesn't remember the application version number when AIR SDK is changed to 20.0. (4088603)
- [iOS] ld: library not found for -lstdc++ error in Windows 10 while packaging an IPA using -platformsdk flag (4101836)
Known IssuesFlash Player
- BitmapData.draw does not position Sprites with 3D transforms correctly when Sprites are clipped by a ScrollRect 
- [iOS][Win] IPA packaged on Windows machine cannot be submitted to the Apple App store. Error "This build is invalid" occurs in iTunes connect.
- [Android] Read "position" property of the async opened FileStream after writing data from Socket cause application crash (4123440)
- [iOS]Crash if Class used in Main and Background worker is a CustomClass (4068748)
- [WIN10][StageWebView]Some uppercase letters can't be entered in a form input