Deerfield heeft een nieuwe versie van hun VisNetic FTPServer uitgebracht. Deze draagt het versie nummer 2.0.99 en wordt als volgt beschreven:
VisNetic FTPServer is secure FTP server software for Windows that includes advanced security technologies, and the most complete administrative features available in FTP servers.
This FTP server provides incomparable administrative flexibility through support for unlimited domains, servers, and connections, and granular control over access rights, restrictions, and bandwidth throttling at the FTP server, group, or user (including NT user) level.
Industry leading security technologies include TLS/SSL encryption, DoS attack prevention, and VisNetic AntiVirus Plug-in support*.[break]Het changelog van deze versie ziet er als volgt uit:[/break] January 28th, 2003 build 2.0.99
- Added: User and Group information is now sorted alphabetically in the Administrator tree.
- Fixed: Virtual Folder UI bug which was not adding the drive letter to a Virtual Folder defined in the Server or Groups section if the Virtual Folder was mapping to the root directory of a drive.
- Fixed: Virtual Folder bug which would prevent an FTP client from accessing a Virtual Folder that was mapped to the root directory of a local drive, such as \usr\fred\c\ mapping to C:\, when the drive was a non-bootable NTFS drive.
- Fixed: W3C Logging issue with the sc-kbytes/cs-kbytes which were incorrectly reporting session statistics instead of file statistics.
- Fixed: Bug in the Security tab which was not saving the settings correctly.
- Fixed: SSL bug which prevented WebDrive from connecting on occasion.
- Fixed: Bug in STOR which was not truncating the file if you uploaded a smaller file over a larger file.
- Fixed: Bug in Active User Stats which impaired the 'Max Connections' for a user to be honored.
- Changed: The response to a PORT command is now "200 PORT command successful." instead of "200 Command OK."
- Changed: Added some additional logging messages during the negotiation of a data connection.
- Starting the Help files, on a Win95 or NT 4 computer, without at least the typical install of Internet Explorer 5.0, will cause error "hhctrl.ocx file is not support by help file". Clicking OK to this error several times will bring the help files up. To eliminate this error install Internet Explorer 5.0.
- Running the Administrator program to configure VisNetic FTPServer under Windows 2000 running SP2 may be slow. This is due to a documented bug in Windows 2000 SP2. If you experience this problem, it is recommended that you install SP3.
- 'Six word' support is missing from OTP passwords.
- When a user is logged in to the system, and the Administrator deletes their user account, the user is not kicked.