Met het uitkomen van Wireshark 2.0.0 van de opensource-protocol-analyzer en -packetsniffer is de interface van het programma stevig op de schop genomen, waarbij de workflow sneller moet zijn voor veel verschillende taken, al is de oude interface ook nog te installeren bij de Windows- Debian en RPM-versies. Bij OSX is alleen de nieuwe interface beschikbaar.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.0.0rc3:
- An RTP player crash has been fixed.
- Flow graph issues have been fixed. Bug Bug 11710.
- A Follow Stream dialog crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11711.
- An extcap crash has been fixed.
- A file merge crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11718.
- A handle leak crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11702.
- Several other crashes and usability issues have been fixed.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.0.0rc2:
- Column editing now works correctly. Bug Bug 11433.
- Renaming profiles has been fixed. Bug Bug 11658.
- “File”→Merge no longer crashes on Windows. Bug Bug 11684.
- Icons in the main toolbar obey magnification settings on Windows. Bug Bug 11675.
- The Windows installer does a better job of detecting WinPcap. Bug Bug 10867.
- The main window no longer appears off-screen on Windows. Bug Bug 11568.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 2.0.0rc1:
- For new installations on UN*X, the directory for user preferences is
$HOME/.wireshark. If that directory is absent, preferences will still be found and stored under
- The SIP Statistics dialog has been added.
- You can now create filter expressions from the display filter toolbar.
- Bugs in the UAT preferences dialog has been fixed.
- Several dissector and Qt UI crash bugs have been fixed.
- Problems with the OS X application bundle have been fixed.
De volledige release notes zijn terug te vinden bij Wireshark zelf.