AMD heeft nieuwe stabiele Catalyst-drivers uitgebracht. De drivers zijn geschikt voor Windows Vista en hoger, met zoals gebruikelijk aparte downloads voor 32bit- en 64bit-omgevingen. De drivers zijn geschikt voor Radeon-modellen vanaf de HD 5000-serie. Voor oudere kaarten, zoals de HD 2000-, 3000- en 4000-series, die nu als legacy worden aangeduid, zijn de laatste drivers versie 13.9. In deze uitgave is uiteraard ondersteuning voor Windows 10 toegevoegd en kan er op de nieuwere modellen ook van Virtual Super Resolution en Frame Rate Target Control gebruik worden gemaakt. De complete release notes zijn hieronder te vinden.
Windows 10 Support
This driver provides support for Windows 10 as well as full WDDM 2.0 and DirectX 12 support which is available on all AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) products, - AMD Radeon HD 7000 and newer graphics products.
Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
VSR provides image quality enhancements to games and Windows desktop users by rendering images at a higher resolution and then down-scaling the same. VSR support has now been extended to the following products:
Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC)
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series
- AMD Radeon R9 280 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 390 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 270 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
- AMD Radeon R7 260 Series
- AMD Radeon R7 370 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- AMD Radeon R7 360 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 295X2
- AMD Radeon HD 7790 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 290 Series
FRTC allows the user to set a maximum frame rate when playing an application in full screen exclusive mode. This feature provides the following benefits:
- Reduced GPU power consumption
- Reduced system heat
- Lower fan speeds and less noise
- Counter-Strike : Global Offensive - Profile change to reduce Flip Queue Size - improves the latest positional information from the keyboard and mouse.
-  Battlefield Hardline becomes unresponsive after toggling the in-game Vsync option.
-  Mantle based application may crash when system is woken from sleep mode
-  Battlefield 4 may crash if run in Mantle mode with AMD Crossfire enabled
-  A crash may be experienced on some AMD Radeon R9 300 series products while running the Unigene benchmark
-  A 'missing Dll' error message may be experienced while doing an express uninstall of the current driver
-  Transcoded clips may fail to play on some Drag and Drop devices
-  Some systems experience a minor performance drop from 15.15 to 15.20 in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with HairWorks enabled
-  Some "Kaveri" APU-based systems may experience minor performance drop on PCMark8 Video Group Chat & Casual Gaming tests
-  Display profiles are not retained after driver upgrade from 14.502 to 15.20
-  DLL missing popup message may be encountered when performing an express uninstall of the display driver. This will not impact the uninstall process
-  Cyberlink PowerDVD plays 3D content in 2D mode
-  Audio driver is banged out for non-primary ASIC after enabling CF and rebooting system
-  Intermittent BSOD occurs when launching a race in Dirt Rally
-  With quad AMD CrossFire mode enabled, TDR or blank display occurs when launching DirectX 9 application in full screen
-  BSOD observed when performing an express uninstall of the display driver in 4K resolution
-  Flickering corruption may occur in Dirt Rally with Advanced Blending enabled
-  Flickering corruption may occur in Dirt Rally when changing settings during gameplay
-  3DMark Farandole may crash when AMD Mantle is selected from the test suite
-  Mozilla Firefox browser may crash while opening multiple tabs (2 or more).
- Work arounds include disabling hardware acceleration and using multiple windows instead of tabs
-  A Blue Screen error may be observed with some Intel+AMD configurations on driver installation. As a workaround, please update your drivers using Windows update.
-  F1 2015 may experience poor AMD Crossfire scaling
-  GTA V may crash on extended gameplay on some AMD Radeon R9 300 series products
-  Grid: Autosport and Batman: Arkham Knight may not launch on some Intel+AMD configurations
-  Applying Video Quality (VQ) settings while playing Flash/HTML5 content may result in screen flicker
-  The Frame Rate option is erroneously displayed in the AMD Catalyst Control Center Performance Tab for systems with Intel processors and AMD GPUs.
-  A Blue Screen error may be encountered on some AMD Radeon R9 300 series products if AMD Crossfire is enabled/disabled while BluRay or DVD playback is in progress
-  AMD Dual Graphics may not be available on some AMD A10-5750M-equipped laptops
-  Unable to create an SLS in Eyefinity if a 5K display is part of the SLS.
-  Fill SLS mode will not apply when 2560x1600 resolution and 2560x1440 resolution displays are used
-  Dirt Rally may show corruption in game textures after installing the V500 game update
-  System may hang while running the 3D Mark 2011 benchmark in a loop on some AMD Radeon R9 200 series products.
-  Battlefield Hardline may experience stuttering during game play
-  Battlefield Hardline crashes on pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del while running in AMD Mantle mode
-  A TDR error may be experienced when running the Windows Metro camera application.
-  Fire in Total War : Attila may experience corruption when in AMD CrossFire mode
-  Battlefield 4 triggers TDR and crash when running in AMD Mantle mode
-  Flickering and intermittent display blanking out with LG31MU97 if resolution is set above 1920x1080
-  Corruption may occur in Dirt Rally with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire mode enabled
-  AMD Radeon R9 390 Series may experience screen corruption in 3Dmark11 "Deep Sea" Demo
-  Rage: In game cinematic may stutter when quad AMD Crossfire mode is enabled
-  The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Corruption may be observed when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire mode