Vlak voor het op vakantie gaan heeft Patchou, de maker van Messenger Plus!, een nieuwe versie uitgebracht . De maker laat onder andere de volgende opmerking achter, die gevolgd wordt door het changelog:
I hope Messenger Plus! 2.00 meets your expectations. I know that some of you were waiting for a lot and I'm not sure if they now think it was worth the wait. For things like "I can't log using contact emails as directories anymore", don't worry, next updates will fill the holes. It's been so long I've not done anything but this software... lol, but I like it! never hesitate to send me your comments, either on the forum or in a PM, that's what keeps me motivated. As my server is down I can't know how many of you have installed the software but I'm sure the number is pretty big. Continue to redistribute this add-on to all your friends! it's free so why not? That way you'll be able to use nice features such as multi-format tags.
List of Fixes from 2.00.14 to 2.00.15
- Personalised Away, Station Lock First-Time and Boss Protection First-Time windows are now displayed at the top of every window everytime when activated.
- Setup does not refuse to install anymore by giving a false "You must have Messenger 4.6 installed" message.
- In Windows XP, if Messenger 5 is installed, Messenger 5 is launched at the end of Messenger Plus! setup.
- Contacts email adresses are encrypted in the registry. Because of that, data recorded in previous versions of Messenger Plus! will be lost (for Contact Manager). Also, old entries are not deleted automatically. It is the responsability of the user, if he wants to protect his privacy and if he installed a previous version of Messenger Plus! 2.00, to clean his registry or uninstall MP2 before installing this new version.
- Better banner hiding when the Messenger contact window is maximized
- "Personalised Status" is not shown multiple times in the title bar of Messenger. Also the text will be correctly shown every time it is relevant.
- Added support for multiple monitors. It should solve Quick Icon panel problems... let me know!
- Fixed bug in logs... when "Truncate Contact Name" was not selected for logging, name of the contacts were not logged for action messages (/me).
- Tried a fix for the Share button problem "You can't send a directory".
- Added a bunch of new events in the Event Viewer.
- Logs are correctly saved when Windows is rebooted.
- When you double click on an item in the Event Viewer, a simple window is displayed with all the associated information.
- Possible support of beta versions of Windows higher than Windows XP (like Windows .NET or Longhorn). However, I didn't tested it.
- When the Event File name is incorrect, it is automatically fixed by the software.
- Added a warning when going in the Preferences the first time if no user signed-in yet (preferences are saved by account so in that case, first time you loggin you will lose all your previously recorded settings).
- Messenger 5 Compatibility Info message modified to be more understandable.
- When the Personalised Away window times-out and disapears by itself, Personalised Away mode is not activated.