Versie 1.8.1 van ownCloud Client is beschikbaar gekomen. OwnCloud is een opensourceproject waarmee het mogelijk is om in eigen beheer cloudopslag te draaien. Het is eenvoudig op te zetten, want het enige dat je nodig hebt, is een server waarop php en MySQL draaien. Behalve het opslaan en delen van bestanden is het ook mogelijk om bijvoorbeeld muziek te streamen of een kalender en adresboek bij te houden. Clients zijn beschikbaar voor Windows, Linux, OS X (vanaf 10.7), Android en iOS. De changelog van versie 1.8.1 is hieronder te vinden.
ownCloud Desktop Client 1.8.1 released
This is a pure bugfix release, and we strongly recommend to update. Here are the most important issues we addressed:
Finally, here is the full Changelog:
- Should files have disappeared locally (i.e. on the local computer) during the use of 1.8.0, the files will still be on the server, and upgrading to 1.8.1 will bring them back. This will also mean that after the 1.8.1 installation, the client take some time (depending on the amount of files downloaded) to finish its sanity checks. this is expected behaviour.
- Possible data corruption bug during upload present in all previous releases (under rare conditions) It was caused by a bug in the 3rd party Qt library. Mac OS X and Windows packages come with updated libraries, so no further action is required.On Linux, we have informed Distribution vendors, and they have or are about to issue updates.
Note: if you are using Linux, watch out for upcoming updates to Qt and make sure to install them. They fix a possible upload corruption that affects ownCloud Desktop Client. Windows and Mac OS X ship with a Qt version that have the respective patches applied.
- Hibernation problem: After Hibernation, the client would sometimes not resume operation: This has been fixed.
- Fix SSL validation problem on Mac OS 10.10.3 caused by the removal of weak 1024 bit root certificates.
- Make "operation canceled" error a soft error
- Do not throw an error for files that are scheduled to be removed, but can not be found on the server. #2919
- Windows: Reset QNAM to proper function after hibernation. #2899 #2895 #2973
- Fix argument verification of --confdir #2453
- Fix a crash when accessing a dangling UploadDevice pointer #2984
- Add-folder wizard: Make sure there is a scrollbar if folder names are too long #2962
- Add-folder Wizard: Select the newly created folder
- Activity: Correctly restore column sizes #3005
- SSL Button: do not crash on empty certificate chain
- SSL Button: Make menu creation lazy #3007 #2990
- Lookup system proxy async to avoid hangs #2993 #2802
- ShareDialog: Some GUI refinements
- ShareDialog: On creation of a share always retrieve the share This makes sure that if a default expiration date is set this is reflected in the dialog. #2889
- ShareDialog: Only show share dialog if we are connected.
- HttpCreds: Fill pw dialog with previous password. #2848 #2879
- HttpCreds: Delete password from old location. #2186
- Do not store Session Cookies in the client cookie storage
- CookieJar: Don't accidentally overwrite cookies. #2808
- ProtocolWidget: Always add seconds to the DateTime locale. #2535
- Updater: Give context as to which app is about to be updated #3040
- Windows: Add version information for owncloud.exe. This should help us know what version or build number a crash report was generated with.
- Fix a crash on shutdown in ~SocketApi #3057
- SyncEngine: Show more timing measurements #3064
- Discovery: Add warning if returned etag is 0
- Fix a crash caused by an invalid DiscoveryDirectoryResult::iterator #3051
- Sync: Fix sync of deletions during 503. #2894
- Handle redirect of auth request. #3082
- Discovery: Fix parsing of broken XML replies, which fixes local file disappearing #3102
- Migration: Silently restore files that were deleted locally by bug #3102
- Sort folder sizes SelectiveSyncTreeView numerically #3112
- Sync: PropagateDownload: Read the mtime from the file system after writing it #3103
- Sync: Propagate download: Fix restoring files for which the conflict file exists #3106
- Use identical User Agents and version for csync and the Qt parts
- Prevent another crash in ~SocketApi #3118
- Windows: Fix rename of finished file. #3073
- AccountWizard: Fix auth error handling. #3155
- Documentation fixes
- Infrastructure/build fixes
- Win32/OS X: Apply patch from OpenSSL to handle oudated intermediates gracefully #3087