Nvidia heeft nieuwe, stabiele *nix-displaydrivers uitgebracht, met versienummer 334.21. De drivers zijn beschikbaar voor Linux (32bit ARM), Linux (x86/IA32), Linux (AMD64/EM64T), Solaris (x64/x86), FreeBSD (x86) en FreeBSD (x64). Specifieke installatie-instructies kunnen op de afzonderlijke pagina's worden gevonden. De release notes voor deze uitgave laten de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen zien:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 750 Ti
- GeForce GTX 750
- GeForce GTX 745
- GeForce GTX TITAN Black
- Fixed a regression in the NVIDIA kernel module which caused it to improperly dereference a userspace pointer. This potential security issue was initially reported to the public here. The regression did not affect NVIDIA GPU drivers before release 334.
- Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL programs to hang after calling fork(2).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a multi-threaded OpenGL application to crash when one of its threads exits after the application has unloaded libGL.
- Added support for GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E. See the README for details.
- On GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E, VDPAU now supports more robust decode error handling at the cost of a minor performance impact.
- This can be disabled by setting the
- VDPAU_NVIDIA_DISABLE_ERROR_CONCEALMENT environment variable to 1.
- Added support for application profile rule patterns which are logical operations of subpatterns. See the README for details.
- Added support for a "findfile" application profile feature which allows the driver to apply profiles based on matching files in the same directory as the process executable. See the README for details.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to log the automatically selected answers to some user prompts without logging the prompt text itself, when running in silent mode.
- Improved performance of OpenGL applications when used in conjunction with the X driver's composition pipeline. The composition pipeline may be explicitly enabled by using the ForceCompositionPipeline or ForceFullCompositionPipeline MetaMode options, or implicitly enabled when certain features such as some XRandR transformations, rotation,Warp & Blend, PRIME, and NvFBC are used.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to compute incorrect gamma ramps when adjusting the color correction sliders.
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to allow the selection of display devices using RandR and target ID names when making queries targeted towards specific display devices.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some dropdown menus in the nvidia-settings control panel from working correctly on older versions of GTK+ (e.g. 2.10.x).
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to provide help text for application profile keys and suggestions for valid key names when configuring application profiles.
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to populate the dropdown menu of stereo modes with only those modes which are available.
- Fixed a bug that could cause applications using the OpenGL extension ARB_query_buffer_object to crash under Xinerama.
- Fixed a bug that caused high pixelclock HDMI modes (e.g. as used with 4K resolutions) to be erroneously reported as dual-link in the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Fixed a bug that could cause poor stereo synchronization in large multi-monitor setups using 3D Vision, due to failed hardwarehandshaking on some of the monitors.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some DisplayPort 1.2 displays from being properly restored after a VT switch.
- Renamed per GPU proc directories in /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/ with GPU's bus location represented in "domain:bus:device.function" format.
- Added 64-bit EGL and OpenGL ES libraries to 64-bit driver packages.
- Changed format of "Bus Location" field reported in the /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0..N/information files from "domain:bus.device.function" to "domain:bus:device.function" to match the lspci format.
- Fixed a bug in the GLX_EXT_buffer_age extension where incorrect ages would be returned unless triple buffering was enabled.
- Updated the NVIDIA X driver to load the NVIDIA kernel module using `nvidia-modprobe`, rather than the XFree86 DDX helper function xf86LoadKernelModule().
- Changed the driver's default behavior to stop deleting RandR 1.2 output corresponding to unused DisplayPort 1.2 devices. Deleting these outputs can confuse some applications. Added a new option, DeleteUnusedDP12Displays, which can be used to turn this behavior back on. This option can be enabled by running sudo nvidia-xconfig --delete-unused-dp12-displays
- Improved support for the __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE and VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE environment variables in certain configurations. Both environment variables will now recognize all supported display device names. See "Appendix C. Display Device Names" and "Appendix G. VDPAU Support" in the README for more details.
- Improved performance of the X driver when handling large numbers of surface allocations.
De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
Linux 32-bit ARM display driver
Linux x86/IA32 display driver
Linux x64 (x86_64/AMD64/EM64T) display driver
Solaris (x64/x86) display driver
FreeBSD (x86) display driver
FreeBSD (x64) display driver