Adobe heeft versie 11.9 uitgebracht van Flash Player en 3.9 van de Adobe Integrated Runtime. Met Adobe Flash Player is het mogelijk om Flash-content, voornamelijk swf-bestanden, op de computer af te spelen. Onder meer populaire videosites als YouTube en Google Video bieden hun bezoekers de mogelijkheid om video's met de stand-alone-Flash Player af te spelen. Adobe AIR biedt een crossplatform-omgeving voor het ontwikkelen en afspelen van zogeheten Rich Internet Applications. De release notes voor deze uitgave zijn hieronder te vinden.
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher
Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- Flash Player Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date in enterprise environments is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. We’ve introduced a new .pkg installer format for our distribution partners to reduce their workload. Administrators can now deploy Flash Player for Mac using industry-standard management tools.
- Mobile Workers (concurrency) BETA - Android
Our hugely popular desktop feature, AIR Workers, is now making its debut on mobile! We have added support on Android devices so that you will be able to execute code in the background without interrupting your application’s main code. Your UI will remain responsive, enhancing the user experience. We haven’t forgotten about iOS! Look for news on iOS workers in an upcoming release (NOTE: this feature will undergo an extended beta period.)
- AIR Mobile Support for Background Execution in “Direct” Render Mode
AIR now supports background execution on iOS and Android when render mode is set to “direct”. This will allow your applications to perform tasks such as audio playback even when invisible to the user. Due to power and CPU considerations, we recommend reviewing our release notes for additional details and guidance.
In the past AIR on iOS and Android did not support background execution when render mode direct was set. Due to this restriction,Stage3D based apps were not able to execute background tasks like audio playback, location updates, network upload/download etc. iOS does not allow OpenGLES/rendering calls in the background. Applications which attempt to make OpenGL calls in the background are terminated by the iOS. Android does not restrict applications from either making OpenGLES in the background or other background task(like audio playback).
With this feature, we will now allow AIR mobile apps to execute in background when renderMode direct is set. AIR iOS runtime will throw an error if OpenGLES calls are made in background. However no error will be thrown on Android, as Android native apps are allowed to make OpenGLES calls in the background. It's recommended to not make rendering calls while your app is executing in the background as its important to utilize the mobile resources judicially.
- AIR Support for iOS7
iOS7 has launched and we are making sure that AIR is compatible and performs as expected.
- AIR Mac OS 10.9 Support
We have tested against the latest developer releases of OS X 10.9 and are making sure that your applications support the latest technologies such as “App Nap”.
- AIR XXHDPI (144 x 144) Icon Support for Android
With this feature we have added support for beautiful, high resolution icons on devices such as the Nexus 10.
-  [Win7] - Corrects a problem introduced in 11.7.700.224 where Simple Chinese characters were displayed as a box or question mark on the AutoUpdate dialog
- [MSFT 3612555][Win 8] - High DPI Displays - Corrects an issue where some content was not scaling with zoom changes
- [MSFT 366785] [Win 8.1/IE11] - Corrects an issue where an initial button press was ignored
-  - Corrects an issue introduced in 11.8.800.94 where layout of the AutoUpdate notification dialog was incorrect in localized languages
-  - Corrects a problem introduced in 11.9.900.4 that only affected the beta, where HTTP Live Streams would not buffer after an Ad insertion
-  [HLS - Trickplay] - Corrects an issue where memory usage doubled with Trickplay mode enabled
-  [Windows] - Corrects an issue introduced in 11.7.700.164 where video was not rendering on some systems when using StageVideo with WMODE set to Window
- [Mozilla 902630] g1.globo.com hangs Flash Player
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] - HLS Streams created with Apple Media Segmenter now work as expected
-  - Resolved an issue introduced in Flash Player Beta 11.9.900.77 where exiting FullScreen mode during video playback on www.ted.com would cause a crash on Windows
-  [Win8] [Internet Explorer] - Resolved an issue where when zoomed in the browser >=150% , video controls on Youtube where rendered too large after exiting from FullScreen mode
-  [MSFT 84699][Win8] - The EPM notification bar now appears for embedded PDFs with Adobe Reader installed
- [MSFT 138222][Win8] - Metro/IE10 - Resolves an issue on High-DPI displays where controls are rendered too small on Youtube in FullScreen mode
-  [Win8 ARM] - Resolves an issue where 4096x4096 textures could not be rendered when the backbuffer is large
- [Chrome] - Copy To Screen performance in PPAPI has been significantly improved
- [Chrome] - Resolves an issue where video noise was encountered when moving between fullscreen and embedded mode during video playback www.vudu.com
- [HTTP Live Streaming] - Resolves an issue where AES encrypted video was skipping back and forth during playback.
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - An issue where captions would be delayed after returning from an ad have been resolved
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - Corrects an issue where the caption would wrap around the video display when the specific font was too large
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - Corrects an issue where large, non-default fonts would sometimes overlap
-  [Mac] [StageText] - Corrects an issue where when zooming multiple times on a Mac equipped with Retina display, text would not scale correctly when maximizing the window.
-  [StageVideo] - Corrects an issue where a few visible black frames could be seen during the transition between two MP4 video streams.
-  [Flash Pro] - Corrects an issue where Live Preview would hang when zooming very far (>200%) into content with filters applied
-  [AIR] [iOS7] - iOS7 requires 5 new icon sizes: 76px, 120px, 152px, 40px, 80px
-  [AIR] [Android] - Cannot load files asynchronously in StageWebView
-  [AIR] [iOS7] - on using sound.play app asks permission for accessing the Microphone even when microphone API is not used in the app.
-  [AIR] [iOS] - Creating too many FileStream objects will cause app to crash on iOS
-  [AIR] [Android] - 144x144 image size icon should be supported on android
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
-  [Android] [Captive Application] - orientationChange event handler fetches wrong stage.orientation values.
-  [iOS] - Sound gets stop on clicking Power button even when UIBackground tag value set to Audio in application.xml