Actual Tools heeft versie 8.0 van Actual Multiple Monitors uitgebracht, als opvolger van versie 5.1.1. Dit programma is bedoeld voor mensen die met meer dan één beeldscherm werken. Zo kan het een taakbalk en startknop op elk scherm aanbrengen. In Windows 8 werd hiervoor van Classic Shell gebruikgemaakt, maar deze mag niet meer worden meegeleverd, hoewel het er nog steeds prima mee samenwerkt. Actual Multiple Monitors kan verder een achtergrond maken die zich over alle schermen uitstrekt en voegt knoppen toe om programma's naar het andere scherm te verplaatsen of over verschillende schermen te openen. Het programma kan dertig dagen worden geprobeerd en een licentie kost 24,95 dollar. Het changelog voor deze uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
- Beginning from the version 8.0, the Licensing Policy changes: now you must purchase as many copies of the program as many users will use the program simultaneously. There is no limit on the number of computers the program can be installed on and registered with the same registration code until the number of simultaneous users is less than or equal to the number of purchased copies. For more information, please refer to the license.txt document in the program's installation folder.
- Beginning from the version 8.0, the Upgrade Policy changes: now purchasing the registration code grants you the Free Upgrades Subscription for a certain period (a year). During this period, you are eligible to get any new versions of the program for free. After this period expires, you will have to purchase another registration code to prolong the Free Upgrades Subscription (in case you want to do so). Otherwise, you can continue to use the last actual version of the program, it will remain registered and fully functional.
- Due to copyright reasons, the Classic Shell Start Menu is removed from Actual Multiple Monitors setup. To continue using the Classic Start Menu in new versions of Windows, you can download the entire Classic Shell suite from its official project page.
- Support of child windows within multi-document interface (MDI) applications is added. The most well-known example of such windows are Microsoft Excel workbooks. However, because of speciality of such windows some window actions cannot be applied to them, and others work differently than for usual top-level windows (for more information, please refer to User Manual).
- The Save Idle Screens feature is added: it allows you to run screen savers on monitors unused at the moment, without the need to turn them off (which may lead to re-configuration of multi-monitor desktop on systems since Windows 7).
Unlike usual system screen saver, this feature activates screen savers by special hotkey combination (Win-Ctrl-S by default), and screen savers do not shut down when you use mouse or keyboard. To stop them, you should press the same hotkey again.
You can select screen savers to run and adjust the key combination on the "Multiple Monitors
- Screen Saver
- Save Idle Screens" panel.
- Emulation of Mac OS Expose task switcher is added. You can toggle it via special hotkey combination (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-P by default, can be changed on the "Hotkeys
- Actions" panel in the "Multiple Monitors" group).
- Korean language is added (translation provided by pCsOrI).
- The ability is added to put the mouse pointer automatically into a window moved to another monitor, if certain modifier keys (Ctrl by default) are pressed when invoking the Move to Monitor action.
If the Move to Monitor action is invoked via title button then the mouse pointer will be placed over that title button. Otherwise, the mouse pointer is placed over window's title bar.
You can activate this feature and adjust the modifier keys in the "Options
- Move to Monitor" panel.
- AutoUpdate is finally available. Now, Actual Multiple Monitors not only checks for a new version but also downloads and installs it automatically.
- Monitor Selector dialog is improved:
- now you can not only move a window to certain monitor but also to align it within that monitor in a single click
- with the new Align Hotspots (green dots displayed within the monitor preview under the mouse)
- window preview can be dragged by the mouse; while dragging the preview, both Classic Snap and Aero Snap features are active
- preview of a new window position is added, both in the Monitor Selector itself and on the desktop
- animation effects are added
- the extra button is added to Actual Taskbar preview thumbnails to invoke the Monitor Selector
- Collection of usage statistics is added. When enabled, it is keeping record of any window manipulation you undertake in a special log file.
Collection of usage statistics is enabled by default. If you encounter any problems with it then you can disable it in the "Options
- General" panel.
Otherwise, please keep it enabled for a sufficient time (at least several days) to let Actual Multiple Monitors collect enough statistical data. Then, please send us your configuration using the Send to Tech Support button in the "Tools
- Configuration" panel. This will help us analyze and better understand the preferences and needs of our users and improve our products more consciously and purposefully.
- Dutch translation is revised.
- Compatibility with Windows 8.1 Release Preview is improved.
- Compatibility with Citrix products (XenDesktop, XenApp) is improved.
- Scroll Inactive Windows feature is now compatible with:
- Altap Salamander
- Actions" panel's look and behavior is restored.
- Windows 8: Alt-Tab Task Switcher now shows the Metro applications.
- Activating the Ignore Deactivation feature now releases the mouse pointer and lets move it out of the monitor occupied by the game in the following games:
- games that use DirectInput (e.g. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Battlefield 3)
- games based on the Unreal Engine 3 technology (e.g. Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2)
- Diablo III
- Calendar window did not appear when first clicking the clock on system taskbar and then clicking the clock on Actual Taskbar.
- Actual Taskbar displayed the wrong hint window over Network Connection icon.
- Desktop icons order restoration worked wrong if there were icons with the same name but of different types.
- Title buttons did not appear in Bluebeam Revu windows.
- Windows 8 x32: Multi-monitor Screen Saver did not show other screen savers because of the incompatibility with the NVIDIA drivers since 314.22.
- Windows 8: Desktop icons disappeared when selecting the Desktop icon in the Alt-Tab switcher.
- Start/Stop Window Mirror hotkey did not work.
- Scroll bars did not appear on the "Window Settings
- Specific Settings
- Title Buttons" panel even if the panel was larger than its visible size.
- Actual Multiple Monitors began to crash after installing the latest drivers for Intel and NVIDIA video cards.
- If Actual Taskbar had pinned buttons, invoking the "Minimize all" command did not activate the "Restore all" command.
- Preview thumbnails on system taskbar began to get behind the active window after starting/stopping Actual Multiple Monitors.
- Windows 8: Alt-Tab Task Switcher did not close on pressing the Esc key.
- Windows x64: Native 64-bit screen savers did not start within the Multi-monitor Screen Saver.
- Windows 8: Start screen size calculated incorrectly for vertical placements of taskbar.
- Actual Taskbar did not update the clock after changing the date/time settings.
- In some cases Actual Taskbar displayed the black square instead of a program icon.
- Windows x64: Using the Easy Window Dragging/Sizing feature did not change the mouse pointer accordingly in 64-bit applications.
- Scroll Inactive Windows feature worked incorrectly in Excel dialogs (e.g. Format Cells) placed over the worksheet window.
- Desktop Divider: Copying a tile layout in the Configuration window made invalid copies that could not be activated at runtime.
- In some cases, Actual Taskbar might disappear because of invalid toolbar settings stored in the Registry.
- Clicking and holding the left mouse button on a program icon in the Actual Taskbar's system tray invoked the right-click menu for that icon.