Het Condor Team van de Universiteit van Wisconsin-Madison heeft een nieuwe stable-versie uitgebracht van zijn 'workload management system' Condor. Het versienummer is beland bij 7.8.1 en het pakket wordt onder de Apache 2.0-licentie uitgegeven. Condor richt zich op het beheer van rekenintensieve taken en kan deze over verschillende aangesloten nodes verdelen. De gebruiker stuurt zijn taak naar Condor, waarna dit het proces afhandelt op basis van ingestelde policies en de beschikbaarheid van aangesloten resources, om tot slot de resultaten naar de gebruiker terug te sturen. Condor kan bijvoorbeeld een dedicated Beowulf-cluster aansturen, maar ook gewone desktops die even niets te doen hebben. De aankondiging met de lijst aanpassingen van deze uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Condor 7.8.1 released!
The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release of Condor 7.8.1. This release fixes several important bugs in 7.8.0 and earlier versions of Condor. See the Version History for a complete list of changes.
Configuration Variable and ClassAd Attribute Additions and Changes:
- (Added in 7.8.0.) The new configuration variable ENABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS causes condor_submit to issue warnings when a job requests features that are no longer supported. (Ticket #2968).
- (Added in 7.7.6) The new configuration variable BATCH_GAHP should be used instead of PBS_GAHP , LSF_GAHP and SGE_GAHP . These older configuration variables are still recognized, but their use is now discouraged. (Ticket #2670).
- The default value for GROUP_SORT_EXPR was changed so that the group would always negotiate last when using hierarchical group quotas. Associated with that, the default value for NEGOTIATOR_ALLOW_QUOTA_OVERSUBSCRIPTION was changed to True. These changes were made to make negotiation behave more like it did in the stable 7.4 series of Condor, before hierarchical group quotas were added. (Ticket #3040).
- Fixed a bug that caused events to not be written to the job event log when the log is written in XML and a job policy expression triggering the event contains any double quote marks. (Ticket #3048).
- Fixed a bug in the Condor init script that would cause the init script to hang if Condor was not running. (Ticket #2872).
- Fixed a bug that caused parallel universe jobs using Parallel Scheduling Groups (see section 3.12.9) to occasionally stay idle even when there were available machines to run them. (Ticket #3017).
- Fixed a bug that caused the condor_gridmanager to crash when attempting to submit jobs to a local PBS, LSF, or SGI cluster. (Ticket #3014).
- Fixed a bug in the handling of local universe jobs which caused the condor_schedd to log a spurious ERROR message every time a local universe job exited, and then further caused the statistics for local universe jobs to be incorrectly computed. (Ticket #3008).
- Changed the internally used condor_ckpt_probe executable to link statically, which should make the checkpoint signature more resistant to non-significant changes in the system configuration. (Ticket #2901).
- Restored Globus and VOMS support for the Mac OS X platform. (Ticket #2991).
- Fixed a bug when Condor runs under the PrivSep model, in which if a job created a hard link from one file to another, Condor was unable to transfer the files back to the submit side, and the job was put on hold. (Ticket #2987).
- When configuration variables MaxJobRetirementTime or MachineMaxVacateTime were very large, estimates of machine draining badput and completion time were sometimes nonsensical because of integer overflow. (Ticket #3001).
- Fixed a bug where per-job subdirectories and their contents in $(SPOOL) would not be removed when the associated job left the queue. (Ticket #2942).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the condor_schedd to occasionally crash due to a race condition when running local universe jobs. Associated with the bug would be the error message "No local universe jobs were expected to be running, but one just exited!" (Ticket #3009).
Additions and Changes to the Manual:
- Submit description file commands introduced in Condor version 7.7.1 have now been documented. See the condor_submit manual page at 10 for the newly added definitions of
- There is now a manual page for condor_router_rm, a script that provides additional features convenient for removing jobs managed by the Condor Job Router.
- Documentation not completed for the 7.7.6 release is now available. The use of configuration variable BATCH_GAHP, as well as the use of the new grid_resource of type batch for local submission of PBS, LSF, and SGE jobs is documented. See section 5.3.5 for details. (Ticket #2670).