Mozilla heeft de final release van versie 2.3 van SeaMonkey uitgebracht. Mozilla SeaMonkey is de voortzetting van de voormalige Mozilla Application Suite en bestaat uit een webbrowser en programma's om te e-mailen, nieuws te lezen en is er een eenvoudige html-editor. In tegenstelling tot de Mozilla Application Suite wordt SeaMonkey door de community onderhouden, terwijl de SeaMonkey Council het onderhoud overziet. De belangrijkste veranderingen die sinds versie 2.2 zijn aangebracht, kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
What's New in SeaMonkey 2.3
SeaMonkey 2.3 contains the following major changes relative to SeaMonkey 2.2:
Mozilla platform changes
- Several fixes when importing email from Microsoft Outlook
Fixes in Beta 3
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- If a page did not load and the Try Again button appeared, it was disabled after a second page load failure (bug 671466).
- After loading an HTML file in Composer, red borders around tables were gone (Bug 664095).
- There were issues related to Sync with windows other than the initial one (Bug 639970).
- After an update, tabs were restored but not loaded, except for the first one (bug 675162).
Fixes in Beta 2
- The standard context menu was missing on the Link Location input field of the Link Properties window (bug 665538).
- The Data Manager has been made compatible with IPv6 and more tolerant against other errors (bug 665826).
- Front end changes for plugin problem UI "click here" (bug 667201).
- Forwarding an .eml message caused a message compose error (bug 673049).
- The context menu was broken in the browser after it was called in MailNews once (bug 674246).
- Drag and drop of address book entries was broken (bug 654864).
- Opening multiple messages from Advanced Search results was broken. Now the message window is reused when opening different results from Advanced Search. Multiple message windows can still be opened by selecting multiple results and using the Open button (bug 671605).
- Accidentally dragging a single tab moved it to the right edge of the tab bar (bug 666246).
- The performance of Win7 Jump List favorites queries has been improved (bug 673877).
- Live bookmarks were not initialized properly before (bug 673717).
Fixes in Beta 1
- The Enable Java option has been removed from Preferences. Like any other plugin, the Java plugin can be enabled or disabled from the Add-ons Manager (bug 512378).
- The search engine icon in the Location bar was missing (bug 663919).
- Opening certain message attachments did not work anymore (bug 665313).
- Some feed entries could not be viewed anymore (bug 662855).
- Composer removed link information when pasting a link to a local file or anchor (bug 647682).
- An issue in Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" could cause a crash.
- In certain cases, the Java plugin could not be loaded on Mac (caused by Apple's "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5").
The changes page lists a more detailed overview of new features and fixes relative to our last stable release, SeaMonkey 2.2. Relevant security fixes are listed on Security Advisories for Firefox (Firefox 6).