The NEX II Firmware version 1.43 that you are about to upgrade onto the NEX II player is the main software and operating program that will power and control the NEX II player. The Firmware actually consists of a number of different files that will do the following:
Provide an operating system for NEX II Provide a user interface Control the USB connection with your computer
The following improvements and changes have been built into NEX II Firmware version 1.43:
- Corrected data loss during USB transfer with some pc motherboards.
- Combined "c" and "m" versions of previous firmwares.
- Added more memory buffering to accommodate some "slow" CF cards
- Eliminated song cut off at the end of each song with previous "m" firmware versions.
- Lengthened the backlight duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds
- Increased the speed of fast forward and fast rewind.
- Player will not turn on with Lock button switched on.
- Corrected fast forward and fast rewind bug for WMA formatted songs.
- Improved USB connection with some computers
- Improved compact flash card compatibility.
- Added delay to FN & Stop buttons