Voor het beheren van de metatags in audiobestanden kan je Jaikoz gebruiken. Dit is een audiotagger die gebruikmaakt van MusicBrainz om de juiste metadata te achterhalen. Dat kan op basis van de al aanwezige metatags, maar ook op basis van een audiovingerafdruk via AmpliFIND. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we naar deze productpagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 4.0.0 NGS uitgebracht en voorzien van de volgende aankondiging:
Jaikoz 4.0.0 NGS now available
This is an exciting new release of Jaikoz delivered only one day after MusicBrainz NGS was released, we can do this because we work closely with the Musicbrainz development team. Jaikoz is the only tool currently available that has been designed to work with the new Musicbrainz NGS database.
- This release is designed to work with the new MusicBrainz Next Generation Schema (NGS). The new MusicBrainz database has a number of improvements such as:
Because recordings can now be shared some MusicBrainz Unique Ids no longer exist, but if you update your songs from Jaikoz it will correctly update your songs to use the new MusicBrainz Unique Id.
- Uses the new Webservice 2 interface to communicate with MusicBrainz.
- No longer different release events for a release, instead every release event is now a full release.
- The same recording (previously track) can now appear on multiple releases.
- Releases and Recordings can now be credited to multiple distinct artists.
- Artists can have psuedonames (credits) for different releases.
- Added Action/Remote Correct/Submit New Release, this will collate the details of the selected songs and open the Add Release web page in MusicBrainz with the artist, release and song information already completed making it much easier to add new releases.
- Added an artists field that is used to hold each distinct artist credited on a recording/release. This is also used in preference to the artist in the tag browser so that artists are listed individually. For example previously adding the song Jackson by Johnny Cash & June Carter would add a single artist to the tag browser, now two distinct artists will be added Johnny Cash and June Carter, also although the artist field will still contain Johnny Cash & June Carter, the artists field will contain two entries.
- Added MB Original Release Id , this matches the corresponding Original Release field. Also added View/View the Original Release at MusicBrainz to see the details within MusicBrainz
- Added View/View Release Group
- Added the option Preferences/RemoteCorrect/Format/Add EP and Single release types to release title , this can be useful if you have albums and singles with the same name because it is difficult to differentiate between the two and some Media Players such as iTunes will group songs from both releases into one release.
- MusicBrainz now makes it possible when adding a release to use an artist credit different to the artists usual name, to better reflect the actual release. But for consistency you may want to always want to use the artists usual name, to do so enable the option Preferences/RemoteCorrect/Format/Use Artist Name instead of Artist Credit Name
- MusicBrainz can now use the same recording on two different release. (previously this was not possible), sometimes although it is exactly the same track it may be titled differently on each release, for example the single version of a song may just be listed as the song name on the single, but listed as song name (single version) on the album. But for consistency you may wish to always use the recordings usual name so you can enable the option Preferences/RemoteCorrect/Format/Use Recording Name instead of Track Name
- You can now submit Acoustids to the new AcoustId Server directly from Jaikoz. Firstly enter your free AcoustId key in Preferences:MusicBrainz:MusicBrainz Submissions. Then once you have associated your songs with MusicBrainz you can use Remote Correct:Submit MusicBrainz/Acoust Pair to create fingerprints locally and submit MB Id/Fingerprint pairs to the server. This is similar to Submit MusicBrainz/PUID Pair but the fingerprints can be created without accessing the server, the server is only contacted to transmit the information to it. A later release of Jaikoz will probobably start using the AcoustId Server for matching songs, once the AcoustId Server is officially released.
- In Manual Tag from MusicBrainz can now select a song to match to and use the popup menu to match all tracks to the same release.
- In Manual Tag from MusicBrainz can now view the selected track and release in MusicBrainz using the popup menu.
- If you select View/View this Artist at MusicBrainz for a recording credited to multiple artists each artist will open in a new web page.
- When you add or remove songs from your collection you can now specify which collection to use.
- Added Select All/None options to the Edit Menu.
- Added splash screen while Jaikoz starts.
- MB Artist Id, MB Release Artist Id and MB Disc Id all now support multiple values.
- Can now open OggVorbis files with embedded ID3 header.
- Match to Specified Discogs Release now warns you if unable to match to your chosen release because of significant differences in track durations and allows you to match to your chosen release anyway.
- Delete Duplicates now changed from matching just MB Track Id to match MB Track Id and MB Release Id to preserve expected behaviour, because now an MB Track can be on multiple releases. Added new option to match only on Track Id, so you can delete duplicate versions of the same track even if they are on different releases.
- Artwork size shown beneath artwork in summary tab.
- Edit Menu has been reorganised so more in line with OS Standards.
- Open some files, then cancel, close and reopen it only opens the files it opened before, problem for recent files and drag n drop.
- Track No incorrectly populated from Discogs for Multi-Disc CD Releases.
- Custom fields such as %custom1% format mask not working correctly for Rename File/Folder from Metadata.
- Sliders with limited values allowed now snaps the slider to a valid value.
- Fix database sometimes being created in incorrect location on upgrade.