Leica heeft voor zijn M9 digitale meetzoekercamera's nieuwe firmware uitgebracht met 1.116 als versienummer. Voor meer informatie over deze camera wordt verwezen naar dit nieuwsartikel. De nieuwe firmware is voorzien van de volgende lijst met veranderingen:
Improvements in the M9 Firmware Version 1.116
- Faster zooming into the last picture taken.
- Speed of SD-card formatting enhanced.
- Image quality of “thumbnail” pictures improved.
- SD- Card compatibility improved*
- Magenta colour shift correction for the following wide angle lenses improved:
- M 18mm/f3.8 ASPH (11649)
- M 21mm/f2.8 ASPH. (11135)
- M 24mm/f3.8 ASPH. (11648)
- M 28mm/f2 ASPH. (11604)
- M 28mm/f2.8 ASPH (11606)
- New ISO setting-related vignetting correction: strong correction at ISO 160, lowest ISO correction at 2500, interpolated for intermediate ISO steps.
*SDHC card compatibility
- Transfer of large data amounts to a Mac in USB-Mass storage mode.
- Sensor cleaning mode with battery capacity <50%.
- Function “Deleting all images” while zoomed picture is shown on screen.
- Function “Deleting all images” from a SD card with non-M9 pictures on it.
- Interrupting a long exposure by switching off the camera.
- Zooming into pictures with “Vintage B+W” setting.
- “Max aperture value” in EXIF data corrected for the following lenses:
- M 35mm/f1.4 (11869, 11870, 11860)
- M 50mm/f0.95 (11602)
- M 50mm/f1.2 (11820)
- M 135mm/f3.4 APO (11889)
- M 135mm/f4 (11851, 11861)
- Wording issues in English, Japanese and traditional Chinese menus.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
The choice of SD and SDHC cards in the market is already very big and is constantly growing. Therefore, Leica Camera AG is not able to do comprehensive compatibility- and quality testing with all available cards in the market. We do recommend the card types in the list below. Using other card types, will not damage camera or card, but as especially “no name” cards do often not respect the full SD or SDHC standards, Leica Camera AG cannot warranty full function with those cards.