JGsoft heeft niet alleen zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite voorzien van een update, ook van de grote broer EditPad Pro is een nieuwe versie uitgekomen. Waar EditPad Lite bedoeld is als vervanger van Notepad, is EditPad Pro meer bedoeld voor programmeurs. Zo is er bijvoorbeeld een spellingchecker die rekening houdt met syntax coloring en zijn een hex-editor, file compare-optie, bookmark-mogelijkheid en ingebakken ftp-client aanwezig. Een volledig overzicht van de extra mogelijkheden ten opzichte van de Lite-versie kan op deze pagina worden gevonden. Sinds versie 6.6.0 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen in EditPad Pro aangebracht:
EditPad Pro 6.6.2Improvements:
- Windows 7 & Vista: EditPad's icon next to the system clock now shows (as administrator) in its tooltip if EditPad is running with elevated rights. There will be two icons if there is one instance of EditPad running with elevated rights and another without elevated rights.
- Windows 7 & Vista: Running EditPad as administrator reuses the existing EditPad instance if that instance is also running as administrator.
- Windows 7: If EditPad is closed to the tray in a partially maximized state (created by dragging EditPad's top window border to the top of the screen or by pressing Windows+Left or Windows+Right on the keyboard) EditPad now fixes itself into that partially maximized state instead of coming back in its restored state.
- Favorites: Show a digit or letter before the items in the Favorites menu so they can be easily accessed via the keyboard.
- Search: Literal line breaks in regular expressions (inserted into the Search box with Shift+Enter, as opposed to typing \r\n) now match a line break in any style (Windows, UNIX, or Mac) rather than only a Windows-style line break.
- Edit, Go to Line: Shift+Click immediately after going to a line selected the text between the clicked position and the previous position of the cursor rather than between the clicked position and the line gone to.
- Print: Changing the font in the print preview when word wrapping is set to a specific number of characters did not correctly update the pagination.
- Syntax coloring sometimes made EditPad repaint more of the screen than needed.
- File type lists in Open and Save dialog boxes were cut off after a file type that has no file masks, such as the "batch file output" file type in the default settings.
- File Types, Encoding: Files consisting of a single null byte were not properly detected as binary files and lost the single null when manually switching to hexadecimal mode.
- File, Save As: Saving a file larger than the huge files threshold under a new name correctly saved the file but corrupted EditPad's view of the file if parts of the file after the first insertion or deletion in the file were swapped out to disk when saving.
- Preferences, Files: If both options to preserve file status were disabled, the Maintain List item in the Reopen submenu of the file menu failed with an access violation.
- Search: Match highlighting disappeared when a file's file type changed (by saving it under a new name or selecting a file type in the Options menu) until you either changed the search term or switched to another file. Sometimes EditPad would crash when editing a file in this situation.
EditPad Pro 6.6.1Bug fixes:
- Block|Move Lines did not work correctly when wrapped lines occurred before or after the lines being moved.
- Macros: Importing a macro that contained search-and-replace commands failed if the search panel had not yet been used.
- Macros: Keyboard shortcuts assigned to macros did not work (6.6.0 only).
- Search: Incremental search in hexadecimal mode failed with an access violation error if the search match could not be found and no incremental searches had been previously run in text mode.