PasswordSafe is een handig programma voor het bewaren van wachtwoorden: het biedt je de mogelijkheid om je wachtwoorden op te slaan in een versleuteld bestand. Daarnaast kan je aangeven aan welke eisen je wachtwoorden minimaal moeten voldoen en kan je ze automatisch laten aanmaken. Het programma is dus ideaal om voor elke applicatie en webpagina een ander wachtwoord te gebruiken zonder ze allemaal te hoeven onthouden. Versie 3.21 is sinds kort beschikbaar met de volgende aanpassingen:
Password Safe 3.21 has been released and may be downloaded from here (U3 version here). This release has a couple of nice new features, as described below, some bug fixes, as well as support for French (full), German (full), Swedish (full), Russian (full), Chinese (partial), Polish (partial), and Spanish (partial). If you're interested in supporting your language, please let me know. Thanks to Karlo, Bjorn, pm_kan, freedoctor and Francois for their translation efforts and feedback on this release. Many thanks to DK for his work and patience, and of course thanks to all the users who provide feedback, bug reports, suggestions and the occasional donation...
New Features for 3.21:
Changes to Existing Features in 3.21:
-  Add "Apply" button to Edit property pages so that intermediate changes can be saved without closing the Edit property pages.
-  PasswordSafe can now be used as a password generator via the Manage menu.
-  Allows user to retry finding the original database if not successfully found the first time.
- Undo/Redo of changes to the currently open database. Any change to the database can now be undone and redone, as long as the database is open. This is similar to the undo/redo feature available in most word processors, and is activated the same way (Ctrl-Z for undo, Ctrl-Y for redo, or via the Edit menu).
- New Synchronize feature (subset of the current Merge function) to allow changes in the fields of entries of two databases to be synchronised. Entries with identical Group names, Titles and User names are compared when syncing. The database selected to be synchronised with the current open database is now always in read-only mode i.e. Synchronisation is uni-directional and only entries in the currently open database can be modified.
Bugs fixed in 3.21:
- When comparing databases, the "other" selected database is now always opened in read-only mode.
-  In Add & Edit, changes to the Password Policy take effect immediately; pressing the Generate button will create a password according to the new policy, without having to save and re-open the entry.
-  Dragging a group now drags along all its descendants.
-  Password history now displayed correctly in View/Edit.
- [2918306, 2816066, 2798788, 2446052, 2837591, 2917066, ...] Re-instate AutoType via shortcut and when an entry has been selected via the Find Toolbar.
-  Dragbar now works in List view without needing the mouse to activate.
-  Fixed icon no longer appearing in taskbar when locking due to workstation lock and terminal services running.
-  "Edit Base entry" now works for Alias entries as well as for Shortcuts.
-  Copy/Send Email menu items now correctly activated if email field is set or 'mailto:' used in URL field.
-  Adding Groups via right-click menu now works again under default configuration.
-  PasswordSafe window no longer creeps down the screen if the Windows taskbar is at the top of the screen.
-  AutoType backspace field ('\b') now honoured in both "AutoType" and "Browse To + AutoType" consistently.
-  When unable to find a previous database via the recently opened databases on the File menu and the user is given the option to open a different database or create a new one.
-  After Find Toolbar Advanced dialog is used, the previous Find results are now reset.
- Finally fix issues running under pre-XP versions of Windows.
- Fix issue when changing the displayed columns in List View and then switching to Tree View.