PasswordSafe is een handig programma voor het bewaren van wachtwoorden en biedt je namelijk de mogelijkheid om je wachtwoorden op te slaan in een versleuteld bestand. Daarnaast kan je ook aangeven aan welke eisen je wachtwoorden minimaal moeten voldoen en kan je ze automatisch laten aanmaken. Ideaal om voor elke applicatie en webpagina een ander wachtwoord te gebruiken zonder ze allemaal te hoeven onthouden. Versie 3.16 is sinds kort beschikbaar met de volgende aanpassingen:
Version 3.16 (Darwin's 200th birthday)
Password Safe 3.16 has been released and may be downloaded from here (U3 version here). The main new feature of this release is non-English support: Specifically, German is now fully supported, and Polish, Spanish and Swedish are partially supported. If you're interested in supporting your language, please let me know. In addition, some annoying bugs have been fixed, some minor features have been added or improved upon. Thanks to Karlo Van der Gucht for his work on non-English support, to DK for his work on this release, and to all the folks who reported bugs and tested prelimenary versions of this release.
Bugs fixed in 3.16:
Changes to Existing Features in 3.16:
-  Validate now corrects all Password History errors
-  Control characters no longer sent via Autotype.
-  Can now create shortcut by right-mouse down dragging.
- Can now process filters (within the database or imported) based on 'username' field ("user" in the XML file).
-  Sorting direction database preference is now saved correctly in the database. See "Changes to Existing Features" for more details.
New Features for 3.16:
- [Open Discussion] Ctrl+F no longer toggles the Find Toolbar but shows it if not currently visible.
-  Changes to preferences stored in the database are no longer silently saved in the database (including any changes to any entries). A new flag in the Status Bar indicates when preferences have been changed and the user can decide to save these, or not, when closing the database, directly or when ending the application.
- Support interoperability with tools that access edit control text by setting PWS_PW_MODE environment variable to "NORMAL".
-  Support Group (\g), Title (\i) and Notes (\o, \onnn) fields via Autotype.
- Installation program now offers German as well as English installation instructions, as well as installing German language support. The framework is easily extended to other languages. Thanks to Karlo Van der Gucht for his work on this.
-  The user can use the DragBar to drag and drop the group name when a group is selected. Pressing the Ctrl key while dragging the group, when a group or entry is selected, will only copy the immediate parent group. Standard behaviour is to copy all groups up to the root of the database with dots between successive group names.
-  Add a new menu item (on Edit Menu or right-click context menu) to go to the corresponding base entry of an Alias or Shortcut. As part of this change, only relevant items are shown on the Edit menu depending on the current selected item (group or normal, shortcut base, alias base, alias or shortcut entry).
-  During Edit, if the entry has been changed and the user presses the Cancel button, they are asked to confirm losing their changes.
-  The currrent display status of the Find Toolbar is remembered at application close and, if visible, it is will be shown the next time the application is started.