HTC heeft enkele dagen geleden een nieuwe firmware beschikbaar gesteld voor zijn HD2-smartphone. Het versienummer hangt af van welke taal je kiest, voor de Nederlandse uitvoering is dat 1.48.404.2. Downloaden kan door naar deze pagina te surfen en dan vervolgens onderaan de pagina het serienummer van je HD2 in te voeren. De release notes voor deze versie zien er als volgt uit:
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently installed on your device. If it is the same version and your device is operating normally, there is no need to reinstall the software.
- Flipping back and forth between songs is easier than ever. Whether you are listening to a defined playlist, or letting your phone shuffle your songs for you, your music will play continuously and fluidly.
- Taking full advantage of the G-Sensor, Opera can switch seamlessly from portrait to landscape mode to allow more flexibility and allow for you to browse your websites however you want.
- Staying connected to your loved ones is as important to you as it is to us, and we’ve enhanced our voice quality even more in this update. Now updated, we’re delivering crystal clear sound quality, making it even easier to feel close to your loved ones, even when you are on the move.
To check what version is installed on your device, click Start > Settings > System tab > Device Information > Version tab, and note the ROM version, CPU, and Radio version.
- This is a generic software update. Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading.
- Please note that this upgrade will erase any data stored on the device. Once you proceed with the upgrade, the system can not be downgraded again.
- Please back up your data first before upgrading your device. Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following:
- The USB sync cable is connected to your device and PC. If your PC is running Windows XP®, ActiveSync® will run automatically to establish a connection. If your PC is running Windows Vista™, then Windows Mobile Device Center will establish the connection between your device and PC.
- All running applications on the device have been closed.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is at least 50%. To check, tap Start > Settings > System tab > Power.
- The update will take up to 30 minutes, DO NOT interrupt the update process, make/receive phone calls, disconnect the device from the PC, or press any buttons until the process has been completed.
Once the RUU is downloaded, launch the application on your PC and follow the instructions.
- Click View Readme when executing the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU) to view detailed upgrade procedure, error message information or Q&A.