JGsoft heeft niet alleen zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite voorzien van een update, ook van de grote broer EditPad Pro is een nieuwe versie uitgekomen. Waar EditPad Lite bedoeld is als vervanger van Notepad, is EditPad Pro meer bedoeld voor programmeurs. Zo is er bijvoorbeeld een spellingchecker die rekening houdt met syntax coloring en zijn een hex-editor, file compare-optie, bookmark-mogelijkheid en ingebakken ftp-client aanwezig. Een volledig overzicht van de extra mogelijkheden ten opzichte van de Lite-versie kan op deze pagina worden gevonden. Sinds versie 6.5.0 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen in EditPad Pro aangebracht:
EditPad Pro 6.6.0New feature:
- Favorites: Import and export favorites to a separate .ini file via the Organize Favorites screen. This works for file, project, search, explorer, and FTP favorites.
- FTP: FTP URLs without a username now use the existing connection to the FTP server instead of prompting for the username.
- FTP: Warn if renaming a file will cause an existing file to be overwritten.
- Tools: When redirecting standard output EditPad now runs the tool minimized. This way there's no empty console window blocking your view while there's still a taskbar button that indicates the tool is running and that allows you to access the tool if it doesn't respond to standard I/O.
- Windows 7: Disable EditPad's icon next to the system clock by default, as Windows 7 hides all notification icons by default.
- Windows Vista & 7: Running EditPad as administrator no longer reuses the existing EditPad window, if any. This makes sure that the instance with elevated rights will actually run rather than bring a previous instance with normal rights to front again.
- Windows Vista & 7: Running EditPad as administrator now shows (as administrator) in the caption bar, so you can easily distinguish between EditPad instances running with elevated rights from those running with normal rights.
- Windows Vista & 7: Vista-style open and save dialog boxes.
- Deleting a rectangular selection of which the first line was totally blank moved the cursor down one line.
- EditPad needlessly checked at regular intervals whether the current file still exists on disk.
- Searching reloads the file after the search instead of before the search if it was modified on disk, causing incorrect search matches and other trouble.
- Drag and drop: Dropping a folder onto EditPad's editor area now shows the Open Folder screen instead of starting with a blank file with the name of the folder
- File Panel: Dragging multiple files from one project to another moved only one file and then failed with an "index out of bounds" error
- Folding: Pressing enter at the end of a line immediately before a folding range did not properly shift the range downward along with the lines it folds
- Keyboard: Using a two-key keyboard shortcut for certain commands that pop up a dialog box and then canceling that dialog box caused EditPad to remember the first key. The next key press would thus be interpreted as the second key in a two-key combination.
- Live spelling disabled the custom bracket matching specified in the syntax coloring scheme.
- Send To: Using the Send To menu in Windows Explorer to send a single folder to EditPad Pro now shows the Open Folder screen instead of starting with a blank file with the name of the folder.
- Tools: Some applications don't run correctly when standard output is redirected, but standard input is not.
- Windows Vista & 7: Running EditPad Pro as administrator while AceText was running caused EditPad Pro to hang for about 30 seconds while it tried to initiate its connection with AceText. That connection doesn't work unless AceText is also running as administrator, due to security restrictions on Windows Vista and Windows 7. Now, EditPad does not try to connect to AceText when run as administrator.
EditPad Pro 6.5.2Bug fixes:
- EditPad's icon next to the system clock now reappears automatically when Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashes or is forcibly terminated and then restarted.
- Tip of the day and font size settings were not saved when closing EditPad (6.5.x only).
- Search: Highlighting search matches highlighted the last match until the end of the file if the regex found a zero-width match at the end of the file. E.g. x|$ highlighted from the last x in the file until the end of the file instead of just the x. Zero-length matches cannot be highlighted.
EditPad Pro 6.5.1
In PowerGREP 3.5.5 we fixed a bug that caused PowerGREP to freeze when loading a large undo history. The code that caused the bug is also used in EditPad 6.5.0. It could theoretically cause EditPad 6.5.0 to lock up when switching between large files. Even though this has not actually happened in our tests and nobody has reported EditPad 6.5.0 locking up, we feel it is prudent to issue a new release of EditPad that includes the same fix we made for PowerGREP.