De ontwikkelaars bij dotSyntax hebben weer een nieuwe bèta van Digsby de deur uitgedaan, ditmaal met build 60 als versieaanduiding. Digsby is een multifunctioneel communicatieprogramma; zo kun je via de netwerken van AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber en Facebook Chat berichten uitwisselen. Daarnaast toont Digsby een melding wanneer er e-mail in je pop3- of imap-mailbox binnen gekomen is. Ten slotte houdt het programma ook de pagina's op de sociale netwerksites van Facebook, Twitter, Myspace en Linkedin in de gaten. De aankondiging van Digsby bèta build 60 ziet er als volgt uit:
Build 60 - Faster than a Speeding Bullet!
We just pushed a new release (Build 60, r22564) to all users! We have gone through several alpha releases since our last major update so there are are quite a few changes. This release includes all the features, bug fixes and enhancements in ALPHA Builds 53 - 60 on our Change Log. Notable changes include:
So, what’s next? Digsby has come a long way over the past year in terms of both stability and performance. This release was a blend of fixes and new features. We will continue to focus on rounding out the feature set in the near term so let us know what you’d like to see!
- Performance: We’ve optimized performance from the ground up, reducing overall CPU usage by about 50%
- Buddy List Search: Press Ctrl+F to easily search your buddy list or the web
- Emoticons: Added four new emoticon packs to choose from
- File Transfers: Improved the reliability of AIM, ICQ, and MSN file transfers
- Conversations: Added an option for new IM windows to start hidden and blink the tray icon instead of popping up a window
- New Infobox: The infobox now uses the same user interface control as the IM window (WebKit), making it much faster and more versatile
- Twitter: Added Retweet support
- MySpace: Added support for setting status on MySpace
- Google Talk: Added support for the Invisible status on Gtalk
- And More: Over 100 other bug fixes and enhancements!
This update is pretty large so the auto-update may take some time to download or it may take a few restarts for it to kick in. We are going to change how the auto-update system works in the future so Digsby logs in and then downloads updates unless there are critical protocol fixes. It will then apply the update next time you run Digsby. This way logging in is never delayed.
We will keep pushing to make Digsby even better and want to thank all of you for your continued feedback and support. If you want to tell the world about the Digsby, here are some ways you can help:
If you experience any bugs in this release, please use “Help > Send Bug Report” in the main menu to submit a diagnostic log or email us.
- Post the news to sites like Digg, Facebook, Reddit, or Mixx
- Invite your friends to try Digsby via Facebook
- Write a review of Digsby on your blog
- Use the “ShareThis” and “Buzz” widgets below to share the news