De ontwikkelaars van Mandriva Linux hebben versie 2009.1 Spring uitgebracht. Deze uitgave is onder andere voorzien van KDE 4.2.2, Gnome 2.26, Firefox 3 en Xorg Server 1.6. Daarnaast wordt Linux-kernel 2.6.29 en OpenOffice.org 3 gebaseerd op Go-OO meegeleverd. De aankondiging op de blog van de ontwikkelaars ziet er als volgt uit:
Celebrate Spring with Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring
Mandriva announces today the launch of the final version of Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring. Quicker, easier and even more secure this new version brings you a host of innovative functionalities. The Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring range is now available in the office format which corresponds to your choice, KDE, GNOME or LXDE and all this in more than 70 languages. Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring not only offers you the most advanced and easy to use Linux operating system on the market but also integrates a list of some of the most complete software.
To sum up, Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring is:
Mandriva Linux is a convivial operating system wich adapts to your computer and peripherals. Mandriva Linux allows you make the adaptions or improvements you are seeking and to spread the advantages to friends and colleagues as you wish. Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring is available in three editions: Powerpack (the commercial edition, including exclusive commercial software, support, and services), One (a live CD which can also be installed to the system permanently) and Free (an edition which contains only free / open source software).
- A complete, easy to install system including all the necessary drivers;
- Compatibility with the most recent, and oldest, hardware platforms, including netbooks;
- A panel of applications ranging from office to educative software to multimedia… ;
- Latest versions of leading Open Source applications: KDE 4.2.2, GNOME 2.26, Firefox 3, Xorg Server 1.6 ;
- Tools for easily making the system secure;
- A DVD reader coming very shortly for Powerpack users;
- An ensemble of complementary applications updated in the Powerpack version: audio and video codecs, virtualisation with VMware, Google applications …
We would like to thank here all Mandriva community (packagers, testers, translators, users) who did a big work and made this version a complete success. More information here:
- Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring Powerpack boxed versions are available for 69 euros or US$89,
- Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2009 Spring, slim pack version is available for 59 euros or US$69
- And if you want to get the two major versions of Mandriva Linux, included the Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring version for only 69 euros / USD 89! Just subscribe to the Powerpack membership!