Het programma Badaboom kan verschillende videoformaten omzetten naar een videobestand met h.264-video- en aac-lc-audio-indeling. In tegenstelling tot het gros van de andere applicaties met dezelfde functionaliteit maakt Badaboom geen gebruik van de processor, maar is een Nvidia-videokaart nodig om via Cuda de filmbestanden te converteren. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars van Elemental Technologies hebben versie 1.1.1 van Badaboom uitgebracht voorzien van de volgende aankondiging:
Badaboom version 1.1.1 is out!
Badaboom v1.1.1 is on the loose! Why, you ask, is this version called 1.1.1? Well, to answer your question, this release does not focus on adding new features, rather it's effort is geared towards making Badaboom as robust an application as possible, fixing bugs and addressing issues that all you users have reported. In fact, we took the time to summarize exactly what makes version 1.1.1 so special, so go ahead and read the release notes If you have Badaboom 1.1 and need to upgrade or if you've never tried Badaboom and are wondering what all the fuss is about, go ahead and visit the Store page. Badaboom continues to receive great feedback about the added features of version 1.1--we appreciate the support!
- SLI disabling is no longer a requirement, but rather a recommendation.
- The 64-bit video file problem that caused certain transcoded videos to fail on a number of devices has been addressed. Error messages that were seen included “Video not supported,” “Unsupported video,” and “Corrupt data.” This affects, but is not limited to, the PSP, Playstation 3, and Zune.
- Audio sync issues have been improved for all file types.
- The Main profile problem causing Badaboom® to hang and crash for certain file types (including AVCHD) has been addressed.
- The Apple TV default resolution has been changed and should now accept all Badaboom® transcoded videos (with default settings).
- The CPU Decode indicator now resets correctly following each transcode.
- The features of Badaboom’s shell extension have been improved.
- Both the video and audio bitrate sliders have been fine-tuned and are more accurate.
- The estimated file size is now more accurate.
- The Advanced menu’s issue of resetting incorrectly has been addressed.
- The video stutter issue of baseline-encoded files on the Xbox 360 has been addressed.
- The overall stability of Badaboom® has been improved.
- FRAPS support: This allows game enthusiasts to transcode their recorded game play for purposes of uploading to YouTube, for example.
- 960x540 resolution: This is the ideal resolution for 30 fps videos transcoded to play on Apple TV.
- Main profile selection warning: If a selected device does not officially support Main profile, a warning will be provided if the user selects this profile.
- Issues with the way the application handles certain errors
- There is scratchy audio output with a very limited number of .avi files.