Via de Xrossmediabar op de Playstation 3 kan je onder andere content afspelen die via een upnp-av-mediaserver wordt aangeboden. PS3 Media Server wordt in Java geschreven en kan via upnp-av audio en video beelden streamen naar de Playstation 3. Het kan onder andere realtime audio en video naar formaten transcoden die de PS3 begrijpt en een foto-feed van bijvoorbeeld Picasaweb doorgeven. De ontwikkelaar heeft versie 1.00 met de volgende aankondiging uitgebracht:
v1.00 / project status
Hi! first of all, I would like to thank all those who have donated, as it's kinda motivating to work like this :) Also, thanks for encouraging emails...
Project current status needs also some clarity: As I'm redistributing GPL components inside the PMS package (Mplayer, Mencoder, etc.), my project has by definition GPL license too. So I've uploaded the sources on this newly created code.google.com project (OSX version, anyone ? :p), along with a google group dedicated to PMS. So if you have any questions, requests, issues, you can try there.
Now, about 1.00 version. It's a good step as I think the product somewhat stable (I'm using it since 2 months now). Small update anyway, and there's still some issues though, mostly about network, synched A/V, and video compatibility. I hope these will be solved with time. Also, the auto update feature will come one day, but meantime, from now on, I'll try to support existing PMS.conf files to make you avoid reconfigure settings for each new version. Some other features are on their way (parsing cache, start as a windows service), but not stable enough to include them in this release.
- GPL licensing :)
- IDX/SUB support for AviSynth ONLY
- Revamped some UI, especially transcoding settings for better usage (hope this will be not confusing)
- First attempt to make a working and generic LPCM or AC3 automatic conversion with tsMuxer (seeking isn't working well and demuxed audio delays are not managed)
- AviSynth script is now really fully customizable
- Yet another flac parsing bug
- Sync issues management for xvid/mp3
- Rare and random video glitch due to another seeking bug
- .ass subtitles files support
- UUID random generation, it's now possible to launch multiple servers on one network.
- Added wmv binary codecs in Windows package for smooth WMV-HD transcoding
- VIDEO_TS folders are now case insensitive