SecureCRT is een client voor remote control, file-transfer en data-tunneling met behulp van ssh. Dit is een methode om een beveiligde verbinding op te zetten tussen twee computers, waarbij zowel de data als een deel van het ip-verkeer wordt versleuteld. Voor meer informatie en een overzicht van alle mogelijkheden verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars van VanDyke Software hebben SecureCRT 6.0.2 uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen:
- Dot files, such as ".svn", that are in the configuration folder are no longer displayed in the Connect dialog.
- When the administrative option to disable all scripting is on, scripts cannot be recorded.
- Added the global .INI-file-only option "Focus Does Not Affect Blink" that allows text with the blinking attribute set to blink when the SecureCRT window does not have focus.
- SSH2: The "Enable OpenSSH agent forwarding" option is now off by default. This only affects new installations.
- When there was a single tab, sending that tab to a new window multiple times could cause SecureCRT to crash.
- Under certain circumstances, attempting to modify a session with a logon script could cause SecureCRT to crash.
- If the File menu was opened and there was not enough room for it to be displayed, SecureCRT crashed.
- If the context menu was displayed for an inactive tab with the "Close on disconnect" option set and the tab was disconnected while the menu was displayed, selecting a menu item other than "Close" caused SecureCRT to crash.
- The status bar was being updated more than necessary, which increased CPU usage.
- Under certain circumstances, sessions that were disconnected could not be reconnected.
- Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+V did not perform a paste operation.
- After using Print Setup to select a different printer, printing no longer worked.
- The option not to display the "Check for Updates" dialog was only saved if the "Auto Save Options" option was set.
- In a script, if a disconnected tab was reconnected, it was connected in a new tab.
- In a script, the ConnectInTab method did not honor the "On Error Resume Next" statement.
- If SecureCRT and SecureFX were installed separately, but used the same configuration folder, when a session was created or modified, the protocol for the other application was set to None.
- Accelerator keys defined in custom menu .MNU files were not being honored.
- If a custom menu .MNU file contained more than 1000 items, it could not be loaded.
- Under certain circumstances, the installer incorrectly reported a "file in use" error, which prevented the application from being installed.
- Silent installs that specified an ANSWERFILE containing a parameter substitution did not work.
- Under Vista, if an MSI installer was used, the default installation folder was in "Application Data" instead of "Program Files".
- Telnet: If a session was saved in the maximized state, the rows and columns were not set correctly on the host the next time it was connected.
- SSH2: If a proxy such as Proxycap or Foxy-Proxy was being used, SecureCRT crashed when attempting to connect a session that did port forwarding.
- SSH2: SecureCRT could crash if a session was closed while attempting to port forward to a destination that was not listening or a host that did not resolve.