Havocnl liet ons weten dat op de website van NVmax weer een nieuwe versie van NVmax is te downloaden. Met NVmax kunnen de videokaarten van nVidia die de detonator drivers gebruiken worden getweakt. De veranderingen in 4.00.47 zijn:
- NVCrush 11 (nForce) graphics chip compatible.
- Added 'infinite loop' fix for all Operating Systems running Det. 23.00 or higher.
- Big performance boost on load and clock / color settings by switching to a different NVIDIA dll call. Indications also show this solves the problem whereby clocks and color controls fail on w98/ME due to two rundll calls operating as seperate processes - this caused nvmax to resume execution during first dll execution. Also as this method is faster color controls are now enabled to update in real time.
- More memory optimisations, nvmax uses less memory than any other NVIDIA tweaker. Less than 500KB minimized and about 2400KB normal run. Faster start time.
- Few other loose ends tied up.
- NVmax detects Twinview cards and then enabled multi-monitor color controls. At this time when only one output is used on a TwinView card the card will not be reported as Twinview. This causes color controls to fail because NVmax presumes output #1 is being used whereas on Twinview cards you may use the secondary output as the primary. To temporarily get around this problem both Display 1 and 2 will be available no matter if your card has TwinView or not. We have asked NVIDIA for a solution to for output number detection and hope to have the matter resolved for next release.
- A few Det 21.83 and lower issues on Win98/ME need to be fixed, nothing serious.
- Refresh rates tabulation not enabled in this version.