De webbrowser Flock is voorzien van een update naar versie 1.1. Flock is een browser die op Mozilla Firefox is gebaseerd. Er zijn dan ook versies voor Windows, Mac OS X en Linux. De makers hebben er het label 'de sociale browser' aan gehangen vanwege het feit dat de browser ingebakken ondersteuning heeft sociale netwerken als Flickr, Facebook, Youtube, Del.icio.us, Technorati, Photobucket en diverse populaire blogging- en nieuwsaggegratordientsten. Naast een verbeterde performance en stabiliteit treffen we in deze release ondersteuning aan voor de web emaildiensten van Yahoo! en Gmail, kan het nu ook overweg met de fotoservice van Picasa en is de ondersteuning voor MyWorld verbeterd. Daarnaast laat het changelog voornamelijk een waslijst met bekende 'onvolkomenheden' zien:
New Features in 1.1
- Flock 1.1 has integrated popular webmail services Yahoo! Mail and Gmail.
- The Picasa photo service has been added.
- In addition to more flexibility, MyWorld has been enhanced with new Friend Activity feature for a centralized place to stay in touch with all your friends activities.
- Several performance and stability enhancements have been implemented and several memory leaks have been fixed.
Import and Migration Issues
- Upon automatic update from Flock 1.0 to Flock 1.1, several extensions will be reported as incompatible with the newest version of Flock. This is usually due to a configuration setting within the extension. Nevertheless, Flock will NOT disable the extensions and most will continue to work properly.
- Several Firefox extensions are known to be incompatible with Flock's toolbar causing icons to be misplaced or missing.
- Several plugins such as Macromedia's Shockwave are not installed in a place where Flock can find them.
- Vista users with out admin privileges, i.e. Vista Limited Users, that install Flock will experience several issues:
- Installation does not put the Flock icon in the start menu.
- htm and html file types do not become associated with Flock.
- Inability to set Flock as the default browser.
- If Flock is uninstalled from a Vista machine, IE is not correctly set as the new default browser.
- The January 2008 Vista upgrade can cause the import wizard to fail to launch during install. To import Preferences, Bookmars, History, Passwords and other data, please select "Import..." from the File menu.
- Users that import bookmarks from FireFox may see extra seperators in the Favorites Manager.
- Photos dragged to the uploader but not yet uploaded will not migrate when updating Flock.
- The Yahoo! toolbar will not be imported from FireFox on the Mac Platform.
Web Mail Issues
- Flock has been tested for users with up to two thousand friends. Beyond a thousand friends, unforeseen challenges may exist. Closing the People sidebar may return your surfing speed to normal. If you are incredibly popular with more than 2000 friends, we would love to hear about how the People sidebar is working for you. Please send your feedback to popularitycontest at flock.com.
- Facebook friends will occasionally not show up in the people sidebar. To fix this problem, open the Accounts and Services sidebar (click on the key symbol) and find your facebook account in the topmost field. Click on "Forget Account." Then log back into facebook, and your friends should appear in the people sidebar.
- Facebook friends' avatars sometimes show a black icon.
- Clearing your Twitter status causes an alert to show up indicating "An Error Updating Your Status". Twitter does not allow an empty status message.
- Logging out of Twitter from Twitter's web site doesn't log Flock out from Twitter. The only way to really log out of Twitter is to forget the Twitter account from the Accounts & Services sidebar.
Media, Mediabar and Uploader Issues
- Yahoo! Mail may not work correctly with all sbcglobal.net accounts.
- Yahoo! Mail Classic does not interpret unicode characters correctly. Users of Yahoo! Mail Classic will see "???????" in the webmail flyout.
- When creating a Picasa account using Flock, the initial Mediabar message indicates an error. This error will go away after clicking on Picasa's terms & services and then reloading the Mediabar.
- Uploading a small, rotated photo to Facebook can cause Flock to display an error.
- If the Photo Uploader is interrupted during the upload process, a "There was an invalid response from server" error is displayed.
- Drag'n Dropping a non supported file onto the Photo Uploader on Mac 10.5 causes and error dialog that cannot be dismissed to appear.
- The Media Magic bar does not show up when mousing over a Picasa video.
- Drag'n Dropping a Picasa picture from the Mediabar or My World to the "Post Link" button in the people sidebar when showing Facebook people causes a Facebook error: "You are using a browser that is not fully supported."
- Some valid Flickr accounts are not discoverable through the media search bar.
- Picasa private photos are still viewable even after a user has logged out.
- Results from a Picasa search in the Mediabar will show the wrong upload date (Dec 31, 1969) or no upload date.
- Due to a Picasa limitation, photos larger than 20MB or 16,000 pixels cannot be uploaded.
- While logged into Picasa, search based streams will not show owner's private photos.
- Scrolling too fast through Picasa photos in the media bar can cause the error: "There was an error in the servie to prevent your request."
- Uploading photos with two capital cyrillic characters to Picasa causes Flock to throw an error and stops the upload from proceeding.
- When rearranging thumbnails in the Photo Uploader they can not be placed at the end of the stream.
- Whene deleting all photos from an account My World will continue continue to show photos from that account.
- Non english characters entered in the Photo Uploader are not displayed correctly in Picasa.
- When uploading to any media service, immediately afterwards, the user account's name will not be visible at the top of the Media Stream dropdown.
- When uploading to Facebook, if no album is specified, the photo will be uploaded to a default album for the application, which will be created if necessary. Regular albums have a size limit of 60 photos. Default application albums have a size limit of 1000 photos.
- When uploading photos to Piczo, photos uploaded to the "New Pictures" album will not appear in the media bar. They will, however, be visible from Piczo's website.
- Flock is unable to upload files with the “.jpeg” extension to Piczo.
- We have seen occurances where Flock cannot upload to Piczo because subalbums cannot be retrieved.
- Drag and dropping a photo from your desktop to the blog editor will not work if the photo is being uploaded to Piczo.
- Accessing own private Photobucket photos when not logged in to Photobucket does not bring you to the Photobucket login page.
- If for some reason the upload process fails, perhaps a network connection issue, tags and descriptions associated with the photos will be lost.
- Some Truveo search terms cause Flock to return the error: "You appear to have lost your internet connection".
- Flock will not auto discover your account when logging into Ma.gnolia using your Facebook account ID.
- If your computer's clock is too slow or fast, you may experience errors when publishing your favorites to Del.icio.us or Ma.gnolia.
- Drag'n Dropping a local favorites folder onto your Online favorites does not work correctly. A folder with no name is created that includes a blank favorite.
- Drag'n Dropping online favorites to local favorites does not sync the online favorite locally.
- After restoring default chrome settings the Favorites icon does not work until after the browser is restarted.
- Depending on your blog service, Drag and drop video may not work as expected. Services that do work are Blogger and Xanga. Wordpress will show a link. Services that don't work include Typepad and Live Journal.
- If you are a Xanga blogger, please log in from the the Accounts & Services sidebar. There is currently an issue when logging in from the blog editor, you won't be able to publish your post.
- Replacing a Blogsome blog entry does not work correctly.
- Replacing a self-hosted Wordpress blog entry does not work correctly.
- When using Hotmail in plain text, dragging a picture from the media bar the email recipient will receive blank content.
- Flock does not prompt the user with a "Remember Account" notification bar when logging in to a related Google service such as Picasa and Blogger using a Googlemail.com account.
- Drag'n Dropping nested folders in the Web Clipboard does not work correctly.
- Selection of a single entry in the Web Clipboard does not getting high lighted correctly.
- Cannot delete a clipping from the Web Clipboard if it is nested in a folder. The clipping must be moved out of the folder first.
- Due to the mime type set by Picassa, when clicking on a shared Picasa URL a dialog box opens to save or open the photo.
Klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere versie.