Vrijdag is officieel versie 1.0.9 van Flock uitgebracht. Flock is een browser die op Mozilla Firefox is gebaseerd. Er zijn dan ook versies voor Windows, Mac OS X en Linux. De makers hebben er het label 'de sociale browser' aan gehangen vanwege het feit dat de browser ingebakken ondersteuning heeft sociale netwerken als Flickr, Facebook, Youtube, Del.icio.us, Technorati, Photobucket en diverse populaire blogging- en nieuwsaggegratordientsten. In deze release is er niet veel aan Flock-functionaliteit zelf veranderd, wel is de onderliggende browser bijgewerkt naar versie 18.104.22.168 van Firefox en wordt de Windows-versie met een nieuwere versie van Adobe Flash geleverd:
New Flock Updates in 1.0.9
- Incorporation of Mozilla's patch 22.214.171.124 for Firefox.
- Fixed the favicon for TypePad accounts in the Blog Editor.
- Updated copyright to 2008 for splash screen and about pages.
- Updated version of Flash bundled with Windows installer to latest from Adobe, 9.0 r118.
- The January 2008 Vista upgrade can cause the import wizard to fail to launch during install. To import Preferences, Bookmars, History, Passwords and other data, please select "Import..." from the File menu.
- Several Firefox extensions including FireFTP and Chatzilla are known to be incompatible with Flock's toolbar causing icons to be misplaced or missing.
- Flock has been tested for users with up to two thousand friends. Beyond a thousand friends, unforeseen challenges may exist. Closing the People sidebar may return your surfing speed to normal. If you are incredibly popular with more than 2000 friends, we would love to hear about how the People sidebar is working for you. Please send your feedback to popularitycontest at flock.com.
- Facebook friends will occasionally not show up in the people sidebar. To fix this problem, open the Accounts and Services sidebar (click on the key symbol) and find your facebook account in the topmost field. Click on "Forget Account." Then log back into facebook, and your friends should appear in the people sidebar.
- When uploading to Facebook, if no album is specified, the photo will be uploaded to a default album for the application, which will be created if necessary. Regular albums have a size limit of 60 photos. Default application albums have a size limit of 1000 photos.
- Clearing your Twitter status causes an alert to show up indicating "An Error Updating Your Status". Twitter does not allow an empty status message.
- Flock is unable to upload files with the “.jpeg” extension to Piczo.
- When uploading photos to Piczo, photos uploaded to the "New Pictures" album will not appear in the media bar. They will, however, be visible from Piczo's website.
- Drag and dropping a photo from your desktop to the blog editor will not work if the photo is being uploaded to Piczo.
- When uploading to any media service, immediately afterwards, the user account's name will not be visible at the top of the Media Stream dropdown.
- Accessing own private Photobucket photos when not logged in to Photobucket does not bring you to the Photobucket login page.
- If for some reason the upload process fails, perhaps a network connection issue, tags and descriptions associated with the photos will be lost.
- When using Hotmail in plain text, dragging a picture from the media bar the email recipient will receive blank content.
- Some valid Flickr accounts are not discoverable through the media search bar.
- Flock will not auto discover your account when logging into Ma.gnolia using your Facebook account ID.
- If your computer's clock is too slow or fast, you may experience errors when publishing your favorites to Del.icio.us or Ma.gnolia.
- Drag'n Dropping a local favorites folder onto your Online favorites does not work correctly. A folder with no name is created that includes a blank favorite.
- When customizing the blog editor toolbar, the customize window has duplicate icons.
- Depending on your blog service, Drag and drop video may not work as expected. Services that do work are Blogger and Xanga. Wordpress will show a link. Services that don't work include Typepad and Live Journal.
- If you are a Xanga blogger, please log in from the the Accounts & Services sidebar. There is currently an issue when logging in from the blog editor, you won't be able to publish your post.
- Replacing a Blogsome blog entry does not work correctly.
- Replacing a self-hosted Wordpress blog entry does not work correctly.
- Craigslist searches will not show up in the search flyout when searching from the browser's search box.
- Web clipboard content don’t always migrate when updating Flock from 0.9 to 1.0.
- Blog editor toolbar customizations won't migrate from 0.7 to 1.0.
- Unpublished blog posts may contain extra line feeds after migrating from 0.7 to 1.0.
- Media bar settings will not migrate from 0.7 to 1.0.
- After migration from 0.7 to 1.0 your Photobucket stream will not show up immediately in MyWorld.
- After migration from 0.9 to 1.0 YouTube friends won't show up until the people sidebar is reopened.
- Photos dragged to the uploader but not yet uploaded will not migrate when updating Flock.
- When importing IE settings and starting Flock for the first time, if two or more sites are set as home pages, Flock will only import one of those pages.
- Firefox live bookmarks not always handled properly during import.
- Firefox bookmarks are not being indexed when imported. The Flock star will not highlight when one of these pages are visited nor will it show up in search from the search bar.
Klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere versie.