Sigma heeft nieuwe firmware uitgebracht voor zijn populaire digitale spiegelreflexcamera, de SD 14. De firmware heeft rugnummer 1.06 meegekregen en de download, die even wat tijd nodig heeft om te starten, is 2,69MB groot. Versie 1.06 verbeterd onder andere de precisie van de witbalans en geeft een betere kwaliteit van de afbeelding weer op het lcd-scherm. Voor de volledigheid geven we alle veranderingen die sinds versie 1.00 zijn aangebracht:
Changes in version 1.06:
Changes in version 1.05
- Accuracy of the custom white balance has been improved.
- One-day advance date counter that occurs with X3F images during an intercalary year was corrected.
- Review image quality on the camera's LCD is improved.
- Users now have the option to disable the shutter release if there is no CF card in the camera. This option is found in the 'Preview Style' menu.
Changes in version 1.04:
- ISO 50 has been added into Extended Mode.
- Improved stability of the camera's operation.
Changes in version 1.03
- Corrects the phenomenon of the intermittent camera freeze with Err message in the top LCD panel under certain conditions.
- Corrects the problems related with video output display and functionality.
- Corrects the display problem for the number of remaining shots on the CF card.
- In the case of Mac OS 10.4.9 with Intel core processor, the SD14 was not recognized as a Removable Disk. Now the SD14 is mounted to the desktop as Removable Disk icon.
Changes in version 1.02
- Corrects the intermittent camera freeze while CF CARD BUSY LIGHT is on during continuous shooting.
- Corrects the remaining battery power display on the top LCD panel.
Changes in version 1.01:
- Corrects the phenomenon that did not save the AdobeRGB from sRGB when the camera body was turned off.
- Improved the exposure of the built in flash.
- Sensor cleaning can now be done by powering the camera from the battery.
- Originally, sensor cleaning was only available through the dedicated AC adapter.
- If the voltage level of the battery becomes lower than a certain level, the camera will emit a warning beep and will close the cleaning mode. We strongly recommend using a fully charged battery for the sensor cleaning.
- If using the camera in 'A' mode with flash photography, the selected shutter speed would either be 1/60 or 1/180sec depending on the focal length.
- Now, the optimum shutter speed is selected from the range of 1/60 to 1/180sec.
- A slow sync mode has now been added if using the camera in 'A' mode with flash photography. The optimum shutter speed is selected from a range of 30sec to 1/180sec.
- Improved image quality when reviewing images on the rear LCD.
- Corrects the overexposure issue when using flash with high ISO setting under certain conditions.
- Corrects the incompatibility issue with some FAT16 formated large CF cards.
- Corrects the phenomenon of the intermittent camera freeze under certain conditions.
- Corrects the malfunction of wireless flash with built-in flash under certain conditions.
- Corrects the phenomenon that did not save the AdobeRGB setting when changed from sRGB. This was the bug in the menu display.
- Corrects the phenomenon that the LCD flickered under certain conditions.
- Corrects terminology in the Korean menu.