Check Point is bezig met de ontwikkeling van een nieuw product waarmee het surfen over het internet nog veiliger moet worden. Het programma wordt onder de naam ZoneAlarm Forcefield uitgebracht en is in wezen virtualisatie van de op de computer aanwezige webbrowser. Op die manier wordt er in een volledig afgeschermde omgeving gesurft en zouden bedreigingen als phishing, spyware en ontvreemding van persoonlijke gegevens geen schijn van kans kunnen maken. Meer informatie en enigszins hilarische beelden kunnen op deze pagina worden gevonden. Check Point heeft zojuist versie 1.0.217 beta van ZoneAlarm Forcefield uitgebracht en het changelog hiervan ziet er als volgt uit:
- Compatibility: Acro_Reader 8.11 FireFox plug-in can't download/display pdf files in virtualized Firefox
- Compatibility: Crash when trying to play movie obtained via local nntp server
- Compatibility: RealPlayer v11 crashes when started in ZAFF's virtual environment
- Compatibility: Windows Mail (OE 6 analog) has compatibility issue(s) with ZAFF
- Compatibility: Advanced Search Bar claims the recycle bins for each drive is corrupted clearing browser tracks
- Compatibility: Can't start MS Outlook via IE's
- Compatibility: MS Outlook 2007 will not launch after trying to send page from IE7
- Compatibility: MS Outlook 2003 are opening under ZAFF after trying send page from IE7
- Downloader: On some web sites standart File Download Dialog appears before ZAFF dialog during downloading of executable files
- Downloader: Downloading failed with status 0x80004005 via specific URL under IE
- Downloader: Crash after press Cancel on download with Virtualization turned off
- Downloader: There is a scan report after pressing "X" button in Save As dialog (firefox)
- Downloader: There are corrupted letters in types in 'Save as' combo box
- Downloader: It is impossible to save pictures from firefox under ZAFF clicking "Save image as"
- Downloader: It is impossible to save file(s) after pressing 'Cancel' in File download dialog during trying to download the same file
- Downloader: ZAFF crashes after pressing 'Cancel' button in File Download dialog
- Downloader: Incomplete ForceField File Download Dialog ('From:' field is empty)
- Install/Upgrade: Added uninstall survey
- Install/Upgrade: Improved installations and upgrades
- Other: Sometimes there in no information about file size during it downloading.
- Other: Scan Report appeares after pressing cancel button in ZAFF download dialog
- Other: Acrobat 7.0 process dialog continues to display after closing the page with a pdf-document
- Other: It is impossible to download files from internet through Dial-up connectionn
- Performance: Web browsing, games, IMs are hung when using Private Browsing settings.
- Performance: Various other performance improvements
- TrustChecker: Toolbar turned on only for first home page and not for anOther ones
- TrustChecker: ZAFF crash when attempting to download not executable files
- TrustChecker: Fixed various False Positives
- TrustChecker: Download will fail for gziped files if their original size is lower than the gziped size.
- UI: Sometimes there is no progress bar in File download dialog during downloading some files
- UI: Sometimes there is no remaining time displayed in the File download dialog during downloading
- Virtualization: Web page isn't saved properly
- Virtualization: Sending the page instead of sending the link from IE toolbar
- Virtualization: Can't send link/send page in IE7 & FireFox (e-mail client - Windows Mail)
- Virtualization: ZAFF toolbar is absent in Private Browser Mode
More Known Issues are listed in the Beta readme[break]
- Anti-phishing heuristics may slow browsing at some sites. The phishing characteristics detection (heuristics) that ForceField performs at Web sites may slow the speed at which some Web sites load.
- Anti-phishing heuristics may display some false positive findings (please report any false positives)
- Clearing virtual data clears new settings. Setting changes that you make to your web browser occur inside the ForceField virtual file system.
- Game protection software (nProtect) conflict. The ForceField anti-keylogger uses a low-level system technology that may conflict with other low-level technologies, such as software that is often used for protecting computer games from debugging and malicious access to game code.
- Some applications may launch unprotected (no ForceField) browser windows. Some programs, including some instant messengers, may have Web page links that open a browser window without ForceField.
- Files in virtual file system may become corrupted due to some reason and as a result browser may fail to start.
- Internet Explorer 7 Protected Mode. Protected mode is not supported with Windows Vista. ForceField automatically disables Protected Mode