Het programma jIRCii is een volledig op Java gebaseerde IRC-client, geschikt voor een Windows-, een Linux- of een Mac OS X-omgeving. Ondersteuning voor DCC, CTCP, IRC over SSL en multiple server connections is aanwezig. Daarnaast kan je met Sleep, een Perl-achtige taal, alles naar smaak aanpassen. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze faq. De ontwikkelaar heeft de tweeŽnveertigste bŤtaversie vrijgegeven met de volgende veranderingen:
- Fixed a MacOS X 10.5 (leopard) issue with font metrics. This is a work around to force jIRCii to use the Quartz renderer in lieu of the Sun renderer. I don't know why the Sun one is broken. Sun: what is up?
- Upgraded to Sleep 2.1-b20. Lots of changes.
- updated CTCP SOURCE reply and internal help documentation to reflect current information and URLs
- added a WALLOPS and SEND_WALLOPS sets; updated the default.irc script to include these. also fixed /wallops; per request of drakx
- improved the menubar refresh for server switches by a small factor; ideally I'd like to eliminate this issue but it will take some code restructuring to do this. this is mostly an issue on MacOS X where menubar changes take effect immediately (unlike other platforms *ahem*)
- on disconnect the statusbar now immediately shows nick as <Unknown>
- bound Meta+H and Meta+O to open the help and option dialogs
- reconnect now uses the last nickname you held; not your default nick
- fixed a bug with jIRCii's processing of config numerical data--this was causing DCC receives to not work and other weird issues for users who failed to visit the appropriate options dialog.
- Small last minute update to unbreak a potential issue with script debugging. This really only affects scripters. My apologies.
- Added a jircii.xpm icon image for Linux users to the extra/ directory submitted by mneptok, so thank him if you get a chance.
- Updated to Sleep 2.1-b14 (is it even released yet?). Lots of changes. See the full changelog here. Highlights include:
- Addition of try/catch blocks and a throw command
- Watch variables to assist with debugging
- an include function for including external files into a script
- a profiler for seeing where your scripts spend all their time
- assignment ops i.e. +=, *=, /= etc.
- performance enhancements and several bug fixes!!
- Fixed a bug where a popup trigger on MacOS X could also trigger a mouse clicked event (causing inadvertant creation of query windows even when you don't want them).
- Fixed a bug that caused psuedo transparency image to be recalculated with every window resize. Resizing with psuedo transparency should feel a little faster now.
- Disabled apple.awt.showGrowBox property in Info.plist, this stops the drawing of the OS X grow box in the lower right corner (functionallity it is still there, this just prevents the box itself from obscuring the client)
- jIRCii Weblaunch/command line options to specify irc URL now allows ircs:// URLs for connecting to an SSL server. Port information is allowed as well.
- Improved find dialog slightly, if there's any previous search text in the textfield, that text is now selected when the find dialog is opened
- Support for Unreal IRCD extended whois ('connecting from' & 'using modes')
- Fixed a bug with the channel list window
- Fixed a bug joining an empty channel not reflecting personal +o status
- Fixed a bug with +/% modes getting confused precedence on UnReal IRCDs
- Clicking on a channel with an @/+ prefix now properly opens the channel
- Fixed USERHOST parsing bug on Freenode, thanks to borked IRCD on their part
- On perform commands are now always evaluated as if they were typed from the status window.
- Fixed: Nicknames do not show non-idle status after an action
- Added a naming conventions for scripts to allow a charset to be specified when loading the script. The convention is: <script_name>.<charset>.irc
- Fix for this - Double click is now the default to open links and channels. dclick.links config option controls this behavior
- cclick event, fired when user clicks on empty channel window area. $item is set to window name, $clicks is set to number of clicks
- $clicks variable added for all click events
- Ctrl+X now cuts text instead of cycleQuery() which is now Ctrl+Z.
- Fixed pasting of multiple lines deleting current input field text
- Implemented automatic word wrapping of long messages if packet doesn't fit 512 bytes RFC length.
- Fixed modes in nicklist and status bar (all possible channel modes should be correctly supported now, including &, ~, .)
- Fixed &getModeFor returning 2 characters in some cases. According to docs it should always return the highest channel mode user has as a single character
- Added @ &getModeChars function, returns channel mode chars supported by the server (@,%,+,&,~,.)
- Fixed modes parsing for modes not currently handled by jIRCii internal data structures (this caused problems like incorrect modes for users in the nicklist)
- Whois codes support (671 - Unreal secure connection, 310 - Unreal available for help, 703 - ircd-RU translation scheme)
- formatTime3 function, takes time in seconds, returns something like: "13 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes, 54 seconds". Default script is changed to use this function for idle times
- Default "/whois $1" in menus is changed to "/whois $1 $1" to show idle time for all users (not only users that are on the same server)
- Upgraded scripting engine to Sleep 2.1-b6 lots and lots of changes
- Added a /debug command for setting the trace, warn flags for a script i.e.: /debug xdcc.irc +trace or /debug xdcc.irc -trace
scripts can programatically set debug flags, see the sleep docs for more info
- fixed a bug with on input event breaking setInputText, text is immediately cleared from edit box prior to fireing events. Typed text is available as $1- within on input though