Electronic Arts heeft een update klaargezet voor Battlefield 2142. Het spel is hierdoor aangekomen bij versienummer 1.40, die vanaf deze, deze of deze server gedownload worden. De ontwikkelaars hebben niet alleen de nodige bugs geplet, maar ook een nieuwe map gemaakt en die in deze patch gestopt. De tank-fest map heeft de naam Highway Tampa meegekregen. De volledige release notes van patch 1.40 ziet er als volgt uit:
Following a comprehensive development and beta testing phase, the final version of Battlefield 2142 Update 1.40 is now ready for downloading and installing. This update includes the final version of Highway Tampa for Battlefield 2142, the new tank-fest map developed in co-operation with our partner Intel. You can grab the update from the following locations.
We also have some fairly unique good news for people who already have the Final Beta Candidate installed - you don't have to do anything. The Final Beta Candidate public test was such a success that, following compatability testing, we're using the exact same version in this final release. The 1.40 Final Candidate Beta and 1.40 Final Update are fully compatible, you can consider them one and the same and use either on Battlefield 2142 1.4 servers.
- Added a new map: Highway Tampa.
- Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.
- Titans will now spawn up to two gunships per side
- Squad Leaders no longer have to resupply to re-equip destroyed drones
- Exploit Fix: hardcoded the time limits of Orbital and EMP strikes.
- RDX Shotgun now detonates RDX, Motion Mines, AP Mines with minimum of 2 rounds.
- Ported EU Assault Rifle changes to the Best Buy unlock as well.
- Fixed LMG Left/Right Recoil
- Revised EU Assault Rifle Recoil
- Increased Clark rate of fire to match Herzog
- Fixed PAC shotgun attachment recoil to match other Herzogs
- Further adjustment to Squad Leader drones to prevent them accidentally killing the Squad Leader when deployed
- Further fix to prevent "pod surfing". Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops
- Smoke from the CM3-N Radar Grenade deploys more quickly. The Radar range has been slightly increased and endures for the duration of the smoke effect.
- The CM3-N Radar Grenade may now be resupplied.
- The screening effectiveness of all smoke grenades has been significantly improved.
- Adjusted Talon heat source position to improve Gunship missile balance.
- Beta Feedback: Fixed the placement of an AA gun on Highway Tampa
- Beta Feedback: Improved the visuals of the swimming pool on Highway Tampa