Partition Logic is een opensource programma om partities op harde schijven te beheren. Zo kan het partities aanmaken, formateren, defragmenteren, van grootte veranderen en verwijderen. Het programma wordt gestart vanaf een bootflop of -cd in het eigen ontwikkelde Visopsys-besturingssysteem. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 0.69 uitgebracht en voorzien van de volgende lijst met veranderingen:
Overview: Four months in the making, this is a maintenance release comprising the final round of tweaks and bug fixes to the 0.6x series of Partition Logic, featuring lots of work on the USB subsystem including support for USB mice/keyboards and hubs, tuning of the FAT filesystem driver, usability fixes for various user programs, and loads of Visopsys operating system kernel and C library improvements and bug fixes.
- Lots of improvements to the USB subsystem, the UHCI controller driver, and the USB SCSI disk driver.
- Added support for USB mice and keyboards
- Implemented a driver for USB hubs.
- Extensive tuning of the FAT filesystem driver, and the scanning of the FAT at mount time is much faster. Also fixed a small fragmentation bug, and turned a bunch of extraneous error messages into debug messages.
- The FAT filesystem driver no longer stores the entire FAT in memory.
- Added basic hardware detection for OpenHCI (OHCI) USB controllers so that they're at least indicated correctly at boot time.
- Improved checks for removable (CD, floppy, flash, etc.) media changes, invalidating the disk cache when the media changes.
- The file browsing program now shows the name of the current directory, and remembers any selection from the parent directory so that it's still selected if the user goes back up.
- Re-wrote much of the PS/2 mouse driver, primarily to deal with out-of-sync situations that could cause the mouse pointer to jump around.
- Added a '-n' option to the 'format' program, for specifying the volume name (label).
- Fixed: Partitions were shown with the starting and ending cylinders determined from information in the partition table. This could be inconsistent (particularly in the case where geometries are guessed) with the geometry of the disk as seen by the operating system.
- Fixed: Using a hotplugged USB disk caused a divide-by-zero exception because the geometry values were zeros. The SCSI disk driver now determines/guesses a geometry, and Partition Logic now ensures that the values are non-zero.
- Fixed: The file browsing program could crash when you using the 'del' key to delete files.
- Fixed: An occasional problem with ejecting ATAPI (CD-ROM, etc) devices.
- Fixed: Spurious interrupts could cause a hang in the interrupt controller driver.
- Fixed: Command line option processing for the 'format' and 'rm' commands.
- Fixed: USB "can't enable port" messages.
- Fixed: The USB UHCI driver was not returning the number of bytes transferred for transactions with a data phase.
- Fixed: The _xpndfmt() function was causing exceptions when printing pointers in hex using the %p format specifier, and a divide-by-zero fault when printing GUIDs in Partition Logic.